counting saturated fat and sugar

Options
jmgabbard
jmgabbard Posts: 19 Member
Anybody change their settings so that they're tracking how many grams of saturated fat and sugar they're eating per day? I have read that these tend to add weight to the waist line and that by cutting them down/out, you will see more results in that area of the body.
Comments? Suggestions? Success stories?

Replies

• mrsroc2010
    mrsroc2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOL...I have changed my diary settings to watch my fat and sugar and it drives me crazy bcuz I am constantly over on both. :sad:
    I have to constantly change my food choices bcuz Im missing the mark one way or the other.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    They tend to add to the waistline because foods high in saturated fat and/or sugar tend to be very calorie-dense, and people may not realize how many calories they're actually consuming. Those two things by themselves don't add to the waistline any more than other calories.

Sugar is kind of useless on here because it counts naturally-occurring sugar in fruit the same as added sugar in doughnuts or other foods. Even for someone like me who's watching their intake due to high blood sugar, it's useless - although fruit is high in sugar, it has a much smaller effect on blood sugar than a piece of french bread. However, french bread only counts as a carb, not as a sugar. o:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if you elect to track them use Custom Goals to set them to levels that suit you.