Wasted calories on liquor

Options
I'm in need of support on how to stop craving alcohol and adding beer or wine calories in my diet. Without those, I'm always under the total calorie count to lose weight. Ideas?

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Exercise more, and the craving for alcohol will gradually go away. As the title of your post suggests, these are truly wasted calories. I had the same problem, but once I brainwashed myself into realizing I was never going to truly lose as long as I was drinking, I started exercising and losing weight like crazy. Okay, good, so I rewarded myself by enjoying a little wine again. Dead stop in weight loss. Yikes! Stopped again, and now I'm back to losing weight. Empty calories are the worst, whether it's alcohol, candy, potato chips, or whatever. Just set your mind that you are STRONGER than this, and your body will follow through. Best of luck.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can't fit the occasional drink into your calorie count at all? Or is it just that you have a hard time stopping at one or two drinks?
    I enjoy the occasional hard cider myself, and it is a lot of calories not going towards food-- empty. But I fit one in last week without going hungry or going over.