Binge Eating Disorder

Options
I am starting to realize I have a problem. Once I start eating sweets, I can't seem to stop myself. It's not emotional eating, it's just because I like the taste of it so much I can't seem to stop. I don't know if it's food addiction or an actual binge eating disorder. I need help please.

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Disorder or not, you need to just not eat them. I know people on here say to eat everything in moderation, sugar isn't "bad," etc. I personally cannot do that. I can't keep sweets in the house or else I will eat them. Every. Single. One. In a day. It's gross. Eat fruit instead. I also find it helpful to make a calendar and count the number of days I can go without eating candy. Might sound strange, but it usually works...
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If you feel you have an eating disorder, go see your doctor. It takes therapy and a lot of hard work but disordered eating patterns can be over come. Eventually. Or at least you feel more normal. ;)
  • QueerAbuela
    QueerAbuela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm still recovering from a binge eating disorder. I totally understand you, I did it cause I loved the sweet taste and I just couldn't stop. I would end up eating 3-4000+ calories within a couple minutes when no one was around to see me. One of my worst moments I had to put dish soap in the brownie batter I couldn't stop eating so I could force myself to stop...and then I dug through the trash and ate the soapy rest of it anyway. It's funny to look back on now, but as I'm sure you know it's a terrible addiction that sucks to live with.

If you feel a similar desperate need for sweets like that you very well might have binge eating disorder. Regardless of what you choose to label yourself as, it's obviously a problem. I would suggest getting a doctor's help or psychiatric help if it gets out of control.
    (also if you need any support, feel free to add me or message me.)