My (Victorious) Battle With Anorexia

Options

Replies

• ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Your strength is admirable. All best for your future endeavors.
  • radishpatch
    radishpatch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! As a recovering anorexic, I'm finding it really difficult to stay on track some days. In a way, it's also a releif to know that someone else had problems with binging after coming off extreme calorie restriction. Am going to save your post as a reminder that it does get better. You also look great now by the way :)
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Having seen a friend battle anorexia, I have seen first hand what a devastating illness it can be.

Absolutely inspirational story, showing amazing strength. Well done for all you have achieved, and for posting it here, it is so important people remember eating disorders do not discriminate between genders. You look fantastic, I hope you continue to be healthy and happy :):flowerforyou:
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've felt this way (And still do), and I'm glad that you overcame it. You look great! :-)
  • DemonElvis
    DemonElvis Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow I never thought I would get so many responses! Thanks, everybody who read this. I hope you all reach your goals and have great success on MyFitness pal!
  • lisabrezina1980
    lisabrezina1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are such a brave young man and have made remarkable changes. I'm a mother and reading your story has touched me very much. Keep being the best healthiest version of you you can be! Well done! You are so young and have a wonderful life a head of you.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You look great and you must feel like a million bucks. Congratulations on your victory!
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and amazing work. You look wonderful. Don't listen to those crazy thoughts and keep lifting. You got this!! Thank you for your story, you've made a difference.
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story. You have been at both extremes on the weight scale, but now you really know where you feel good about yourself. When I was a teen, I thought I was still fat at 124#, 5'8". Now when I see pics I realize I was not fat at all. My body was not the magazine perfect one I thought was "right"... It was more curvy; but not fat. We have such skewed ideas about ourselves when we are young! Don't ever be fooled by your mind. Listen to your family and your peers, and please don't ever starve yourself again!! I wish you a wonderful, successful life!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Congrats man on slaying that beast. Incredible transformation! WTG!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    It's really great to see how happy you look in your most recent pic. You really are a brave person. I'm beyond impressed with your determination to fight for yourself, and your willingness to share your story for others, it's an important one. All the best to you :)
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! As others have said, it inspiring to read about how you've overcome those struggles. Congratulations, and I hope you continue to stay happy and healthy.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Congrats on your success!!!
  • pprigge
    pprigge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Super brave to talk about that journey, very inspiring, good on you!
  • stephxfit
    stephxfit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure it's especially difficult for a guy, because society really caters to women when it comes to eating disorders. Hopefully stories like yours will change that. :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Your story is really amazing, and I'm so happy for you to see how great you are doing. I'm really interested in how you had that moment of clarity where you realized you actually were too skinny - it seems like too many never get that peek at reality so I wonder if you know what triggered it for you? Was it just losing?
  • DemonElvis
    DemonElvis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sofaking6-
    Honestly, it was a couple of things. On the one hand, yes, losing definitely opened my eyes. Being an extremely competitive person, in tennis (and now in the weight room), and just in general, made me be hard on myself. I just knew that if I wanted to compete at a higher level, that I needed to head in the right direction. There is no possible way for anybody to achieve their goals without fighting for them, and having a mind that is at peace with them.
    And on top of that, I just looked in the mirror. I had little-to-no muscle on my body, and I just felt tired and unhealthy. And a few months after actually telling myself that I was unhealthy, I worked on it. It was a tough, long road that took a lot of determination, but at the end, I can easily say that it has been the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. Hard work pays off.

• MinnesotaNice507
    MinnesotaNice507 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing story! You look amazing! I am so happy for you!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I am inspired by your transformation and honesty.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!