What does maintenance look like?

Options
I've been maintaining for the past two years. Here's what maintainance looks like on MFP:

m3kie3o1k3qk.png

What does yours look like?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mine doesn't. I bounced between 153 and 150 for a year, dropped rapidly and bounced from 147-150 for 9 months. Then back to the 153 to 150 gig. I lose a few pounds every summer and regain it in winter.

You're +/- 5 or 6 pounds? I guess I'm +/- 3. Bodies differ.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I bounced around between 178 and 183 while I was maintaining for about 1.5 years. I did a bulk in the fall and through the new year and I've maintained for a couple of months at 188 - 193...just started my overdo cut this week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    @nxd10 Yes, I have it set for a 5lb range. I average around 127. In the last year I had some medical issues that bounced me around more than usual. The chart helped me get to a point of understanding the unimportance of a number. In that time, I also lost two sizes without changing my maintenance goal. :o
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    October through December 2014 was me transitioning to maintenance; full maintenance since January 1. Here's my chart, "unsmoothed":
    dl7xtfow67ky.png

It got really "noisy" in January (working off the Christmas bloat, I'm sure), so I stopped daily/multiple times per week weighing. I don't need that "noise" anymore--once a month weigh-ins, "pants" test weekly w/ one particular pair is all I need. As long as my pants fit, and I'm in a 4 lb window, that's good enough for me.
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    @williams969 Me too. Since the beginning, I've only weighed myself every other week. Too much drama with more frequent vigilance.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I can't upload my graph as using my mobile but in the past 6 months my goal range has stayed within 4lbs :smile:
    I weigh in once or twice a week but I know by my clothes should any real gain occur.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hit goal weight in June 2014
    I weigh everyday, record once a week.
    I'm maintaining +/-3pounds
    4uarwkkqq16h.jpg
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    My normal flux is really negligible 1-2 lbs +/- of 95 & I weigh myself only about once or twice a month nowadays.

Therefore if there's no significant change (flux above the norm) I don't even log it any more. lol
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Almost 16 months for me. I have been maintaining around 130. Got down to 125 and up to 134.5. So 5# fluctuation.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have a range of between 140-150...big I know...my goal is to be 145 but at 148 I am good with that as well...and late last year I was 143 I was good with that...I allow for 5lbs in either direction.

Summer will see me at probably 140 and I may adjust my range from 135-145 at that point...just because the bike, the walking, swimming and possibly running this summer.
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    Seeing the chart on MFP helped me to stop worrying about a specific number. I think it's helpful to people who are still losing to see what maintenance actually looks like as well. :)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by because today is my first day at maintaining and this made me actually realise that I'm going to keep a range of weight I will be pleased at. It's something I knew I would have to do but somehow it really hit home when reading this post. Sooooo, thanks and happy maintaining :-) !
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    Cool! That's one of the reasons I posted this. It took me a while to get that I wouldn't actually be maintaining at a specific, finite number.