Not losing weight?

Options
I've been strict dieting 1200 cals a day and working out at least 2 to 3 times a week, I know not a lot but better than the 0 from before. Gotta start somewhere right? I've been on it for almost a month now and not really seeing any results...Could this be a plataue (sp) I have lost 26lbs buts its been over the last 10 months or so..Just a couple life style changes that I've made...I was at 202 (3 months or so) and then moved to 195 after surgery and now I'm at 192.2 ish. Any tips are helpful I do have an open diary so please feel free to look. Thanks so much!

Replies

• djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed (even to your friends). After a month with no change you are very likely plateauing. A few things to consider are.

1. Are you only eating 1200 calories a day on average or are you accounting for burned calories?
    2. Have you changed the nature of your workouts? The body is able to quickly adapt to the same exercise if performed routinely. This is why many advocate a combination of workouts ie HIIT and slow endurance cardio, etc. Also increasing the frequency from 2-3x/week to 4-5x/week could prove beneficial.
    3. Changing the ratios of your macronutrients: decreasing carbs while increasing protein, changing daily fat goals, etc.
  • bfallico
    bfallico Posts: 13
    Options
    Your diary is closed (even to your friends). After a month with no change you are very likely plateauing. A few things to consider are.

1. Are you only eating 1200 calories a day on average or are you accounting for burned calories?
    2. Have you changed the nature of your workouts? The body is able to quickly adapt to the same exercise if performed routinely. This is why many advocate a combination of workouts ie HIIT and slow endurance cardio, etc. Also increasing the frequency from 2-3x/week to 4-5x/week could prove beneficial.
    3. Changing the ratios of your macronutrients: decreasing carbs while increasing protein, changing daily fat goals, etc.

Thanks sorry I thought it was open now it for sure is =]
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    As far as your food choices go, I notice that you eat out frequently (Jimmy John's, Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's etc). Although there are "healthier" options at these restaurants, I rarely ever trust what they list for caloric value and assume they are underestimating by ~20% to be on the safe side. With that said, many of these lower calorie foods still have high amounts of sodium which can lead to water retention and subsequently no change on the scale. Also, on the day when you went to Cracker Barrel last Sunday-was that all you ate for the entire day? The fat in that meal matched your carbs which is never good, eek! Do the weekends tend to be your weakness? I noticed that you didn't log much on Saturday.

My advice would be to limit the fast-food to 1-2x/ week max and go from there. Making your own food is cumbersome but it will pay off in the long run when you obtain the results you want. Best of luck!
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    As far as your food choices go, I notice that you eat out frequently (Jimmy John's, Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's etc). Although there are "healthier" options at these restaurants, I rarely ever trust what they list for caloric value and assume they are underestimating by ~20% to be on the safe side. With that said, many of these lower calorie foods still have high amounts of sodium which can lead to water retention and subsequently no change on the scale. Also, on the day when you went to Cracker Barrel last Sunday-was that all you ate for the entire day? The fat in that meal matched your carbs which is never good, eek! Do the weekends tend to be your weakness? I noticed that you didn't log much on Saturday.

My advice would be to limit the fast-food to 1-2x/ week max and go from there. Making your own food is cumbersome but it will pay off in the long run when you obtain the results you want. Best of luck!

Great post! I agree 100%!
  • bfallico
    bfallico Posts: 13
    Options

Yes they are!! Its horrible I'm way more scheduled during the week becuase I work but weekends just go under. And yes thats all I ate on sunday =[ I wanted those pancakes lol...I did not eat the whole thing though I ate about half of it but I did put it as if I ate the whole thing. Thanks for the tips! I will cut back as best I can. My Fast food weakness is jimmy johns.
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Fast food = not food at all.

This is the problem with America and American's: we think we can eat crap and get away with it.