How to stop sugar cravings

Options
Im trying to cut out fizzy drinks, sweets and chocolate from my diet. I eat and drink a rediculous amount a day even though i know its not good for me. Anyone have any ideas how to stop the cravings or what to replace them with?

Replies

• dottiestlottiest2015
    Options
    I need a lot caffeine some days so I switch to diet drinks if I need them rather than full fat ones. You need to find things that you like just as much - I eat cous cous rather than a packets of crisps and a sandwich for lunch. It's mainly trial and error.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I cut out sugar and artificial sweeteners out all together I was a huge diet coke fan but I felt it made me crave sugar even more. Now I use flavored stevia for a sweet coffee treat I also like plain liquid stevia to make a nice lemonade. If you can cut back and eat and drink the sweets in moderation that's great too.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I find when I cut out any type of food I'm more likely to binge on it, so I just taught myself moderation.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    By not cutting it out completely and enjoying some of it.
  • caitlinbrianne0817
    Options
    As far as sodas go, I stopped drinking them and I buy flavored carbonated waters. It keeps me from wanting a soda most the time. But as far as sweets go I haven't figured that one out yet lol I bought some artic zero "ice cream" and it was only 150 calories for the whole pint so that took care of Thursday's ice cream craving lol
  • lauraspalding2112
    Options
    Atm ive swapped fizz for squash and fruit juice. I know they are both still high in sugar but it stops the fizz craving (most of the time).. just wanted to know if there was an easier way.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    As far as sodas go, I stopped drinking them and I buy flavored carbonated waters. It keeps me from wanting a soda most the time. But as far as sweets go I haven't figured that one out yet lol I bought some artic zero "ice cream" and it was only 150 calories for the whole pint so that took care of Thursday's ice cream craving lol

I had real ice cream for 130 calories. ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey for a few weeks. No cravings here.
  • lovewholenut
    Options
    I have found that my sugar cravings are linked to certain foods, for example if I eat bread or pasta I always crave something sweet immediately afterwards. I've cut these foods completely from my diet and it has really helped. I still occasionally crave sugar but I don't have the violent "I'm going to eat every chocolate in sight" thoughts x