Herbalife Diet

Options
I am starting this diet today and bought the fomula 1 healthy meal and the protein drink which I was told to mix 2 of 1 and 1 of the 2 together with 8oz of water. I plan on mixing it with 1% milk? Is this ok? Does anyone out there know how to make a good shake and does the diet really work. My co-worker who is a distributor lost alot of weight in a short period of time and now shes a representive and sells Heralife. I also purchased the tea and the cell-u-loss. I really hope this works for me :) Alittle scared!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Liquid diets are temporary. Yes people get results, but ANY plan will do the same if followed. The real test is STAYING on the same program for life. And buying and drinking shakes for life as meals doesn't do it for the majority of people.
    Learn how to eat food and also how to eat food you like while staying in calorie control. That's doable for life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DominicLucock
    Options
    These diets have always existed and i don't know of 1 person who has lost weight and kept it off by using them. They are a money spinner and nothing more!

take control of your eating and stop relying on magic drinks to solve your issues.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ^What they said.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    This question comes a lot.

Type Herbalife in the "Search" option at the blue banner.

Home>Recent Post>My Topics>Settings>Search

Here is one link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1005238-herbalife-struggle?hl=Herbalife#posts-15390115

I would not use Herbalife. Eat real food. Meet your calorie deficit.

Good luck in your journey
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Liquid diets are temporary. Yes people get results, but ANY plan will do the same if followed. The real test is STAYING on the same program for life. And buying and drinking shakes for life as meals doesn't do it for the majority of people.
    Learn how to eat food and also how to eat food you like while staying in calorie control. That's doable for life.

IDEA Fitness member

Oh! How I LOVE this person!! Sensible answer and quite right.
    Cavemen didnt live on shakes and protein bars - they ate seasonal, available food. They exercised, chasing after wooly mammoths and were lithe and slender.
    Eat clean, well and watch your sodium and fats. Throw that damn shake in the trash and listen to your body.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Ive heard so many people talk about Herbalife.....!

I do a protein shake mixed in with my diet, But I wouldn't do something like this forever.

Yes, Healthy eating, Exercise and lots of water does the job!!!!!!!!!!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    i did this for 2 weeks. lost weight and gained it right back. a waste of time and money. just do it the right way and your results will be better and last longer
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work long term, and your friend is in a pyramid scheme that she can't win.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. If you want to replace a meal with a shake, why not make your own? I had a delicious smoothie with fruit, spinach, and coconut milk this morning. You can add protein powder if you wish. Much cheaper and more sensible. And I don't rely on shakes/smoothies to lose weight. I just do them occasionally for convenience. You won't keep the weight off if what you're doing is not sustainable on a day to day basis.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I can see lots of bad rep for herbalife and I suppose as a weight loss long term ideal, it isn't the best. But as a person who never eats breakfast I started using the shake in the morning and I did lose a bit of weight and felt more energetic. The thing I don't like about the herbalife is how much different things you need a day. My husband's aunt sells it and she asked us to go to one of her parties. When I saw the presentation of how it works all you need to make it work I was blown away. It was outragous and expensive.

I say to have small meals more often, which boost your metabolism anyways, and take a good multivitamin and of course exercise.

Good luck and what ever choice you make!
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Add a +1 to everything that has already been posted . . .
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, eat real.
  • TLWallperson
    TLWallperson Posts: 125
    Options
    I did do Herbalife several years ago and lost 20 lbs in a month. I don't know if the regimine you have is the same one I did, but the one I did I was not able to eat ANYTHING that first month, not even milk. I was only supposed to use their products, which were all liquid based. It was great being able to lose weight so quickly, however, I will tell you that it was difficult and after awhile I was constipated and very weak.
    I will not tell you if you should do Herbalife or not, just please be aware of the dangers involved
    and more then likely you will gain any weight back plus some.
    After years of trying to do quick weight loss I finally learned that eating healthy and being active are the best way and the safest. It is much slower, but it is worth it.
  • shezll
    shezll Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did a similar diet only for a few weeks until I lost a little bit of weight. It worked but it's something I wouldn't recommend for the long term. The best thing is learning how to manage your food for the long term and look after yourself. I found it very boring, very expensive and it didn't do my social life any favours.

Anyway good luck
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

QFT
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I can see lots of bad rep for herbalife and I suppose as a weight loss long term ideal, it isn't the best. But as a person who never eats breakfast I started using the shake in the morning and I did lose a bit of weight and felt more energetic. The thing I don't like about the herbalife is how much different things you need a day. My husband's aunt sells it and she asked us to go to one of her parties. When I saw the presentation of how it works all you need to make it work I was blown away. It was outragous and expensive.

I say to have small meals more often, which boost your metabolism anyways, and take a good multivitamin and of course exercise.

Good luck and what ever choice you make!

^This. I do take the herbalife shake and mix it 2 scoops pdm and 2 scoops shake mix mixed with 1 cup ice and 3/4 cup water. That's how I was told to make it. You can also put stuff in it to mix it up. I can tell you one thing, I miss food. I miss chewing and you can only do so much to a shake to make it different. I was doing their weight loss challenge which you buy their product and use it for 8 weeks and "see the results"! I wasn't using it as religiously as they wanted and didn't lose that much weight because I like food. I suggest find something that works for you because you're not going to be drinking these shakes for the rest of your life, are you? That's what they're designed to do...after you hit your goal weight, you're supposed to still drink 1 shake a day and still take all their vitamins and fish oil and blah blah blah. I know I can't afford that.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    If you have already bought it, then use it to jump start your diet plan. Focus on really getting that one healthy meal right and then add your meals and snacks in one at time.
  • Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ignore the haters. You can use OJ or milk. I have a friend who has done it since the early 90's. She is super healthy and says she will do it forever. She does a shake for breakfast and has 2 other healthy meals. I do not do it myself, but if this is what works for you, more power to you! Everyone does their own thing. Best of luck!!
  • MikeZim6594
    Options
    Don't be scared. I use a combination of a protein shake, raw diet, and exercise. I agree with some comments, however, a raw diet for many is also not maintainable or not realistic. I don't know anything about the Herbalife shake it may be good or bad, but for many people including myself a meal replacement for breakfast is the only way we can avoid the quick stop at a fast food joint or the horrendous cereal and fruit breakfast options. The real answer is do your research beyond the sales hype and find alternatives that work for you.
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife. In 2012 I lost 135 pounds using the products. I do sell them but I'm not on here for profit. I log faithfully everyday and drank two shakes a day until I got pregnant and just can't stomach them right now. Using the shakes helped me but I didn't use them as a crutch or a fix. It jumpstarted my weight loss and got me not only interested in eating better, making smarter food choices but also into exercising regularly. I think with any meal replacement or fad diet - you can't just rely on those products. You have to learn about healthy eating, avoiding some of the processed foods and moving your body or you're setting yourself up for failure when you stop using the products.

That being said..... I mix 1 scoop PDM with 2 scoops HM and blend with 8oz of water and 8 oz of ice.
    I have some recipe lists if you're interested. Good luck - everybody has to find the solution that works best for them!
    :flowerforyou: