Logging over eating

Options
13»

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    When people stop logging one day, they tend to stop logging forever and disappear. I have made that mistake and wasted months of great effort to see my progress slide. I will not make that mistake again.
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have been going over my calories lately too for a number of reasons. I was getting depressed about it but then realized that even if I'm not reaching my calorie goals, I was doing a lot of other good things, like drinking more water, walking more steps each day, cooking fresh, wholesome food, and having less sugar and caffeine. Even if I don't see a change on the scale yet, I actually do feel better physically and mentally because of those small changes. Calories are just one small part of a very large, complex puzzle. Each little step is a step in the right direction, even if that is just writing down everything you eat and trying to improve just a little the next day.
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The old cliche, "knowledge is power" kind of applies. Log it to learn, not to judge. From a calorie/weight control viewpoint, honestly logging "bad" days will help you realize "bad" days are not really the disaster we imagine them to be. It's helps put them into a more appropriate perspective. And maybe knowing that can help to not add on to the emotional/depression part of "bad" days?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Log it and I'd suggest making a note as to what was going on that you ate so much. You might start to see patterns aftr a while.
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    Nightfly01 wrote: »
    okay so I am running down everything I am eating. I am having a bad day a bit depressed and I have resorted to eating garbage. What is the point of writing everything down if your behavior will not change??

If you're not ready to do this, then you're not ready to do this. Simple as that.

Thank you that is the hard truth that I need.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    okay so I am running down everything I am eating. I am having a bad day a bit depressed and I have resorted to eating garbage. What is the point of writing everything down if your behavior will not change??
    start switching out a snack for a salad.if you're going to eat junk then keep it under 1500 calories,or whatever your weight loss calorie intake goal is.though I don't think you should eat a lot of junk food you'll still lose weight.

• mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you eat badly one day,just make it up the next day by eating healthy.were going to have some junk foods days,don't worry too much,just keep going.