Replies

• TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome.
  • leechadcrowe
    leechadcrowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    excellent achievement mate add me as friend need some good advice and motivation
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Congrats on your commitment and success.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing story and accomplishment!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Will210 wrote: »
    Awesome work! Thank you for sharing. I agree on the cardio. I have read/listened to more than a few diet guru's who say cardio is not necessary and will hurt your progress and it's better to do HIIT 3 times a week. But I think these guys never had to lose over 30 pounds. I think once you are over a certain threshold - cardio can be a key to dropping weight. Once you get below that threshold- then make weight training/muscle growth more of a priority. Just my 2 cents - obviously you did things right. Well done.

Yeah this for sure. I was reading an AMA journal article where it said cardio was best for decreasing the fat around your organs; which is pretty important when you have 50, 100 or so to lose. Plus the benefits of strengthening your heart.
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I find the cardio debate interesting. I'm sticking with 70/30 split btwn cardio/strength. I think there are benefits to both and sticking with bit until the mystery is solved. Great work! Really shows and inspirational!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job! but.... when do you sleep??
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, congrats!
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    lOOK AT YOU !!! Wow you have done an amazing job getting your health back in control:) I just started doing an hr of cardio at 80 to 85 % of my max heart rate. And I sure dont like it but tomorrow I will be getting it done with a better attitude about it lol I have 50 more to go. I would rather just lift but I was told that I have to do the cardio for an hr and on an empty stomach at least two hrs before my next meal Keep up the great work!!!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Dude, you are amazing. I can't believe the same person is in those photos. Congratulations on adding decades to your life! Enjoy!!!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice work! Congrats!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    happygalah wrote: »
    Yeah this for sure. I was reading an AMA journal article where it said cardio was best for decreasing the fat around your organs; which is pretty important when you have 50, 100 or so to lose. Plus the benefits of strengthening your heart.

Great points. Safe to assume that the visceral fat is the most important to reduce.
  • nlmillervt
    nlmillervt Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing difference! Thank you for sharing - absolutely inspirational, and gives me no excuse for not getting to the gym at 5:30am. :\
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This is a great story. Congrats on your success.
  • FashionQueen86
    FashionQueen86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You Look amazing!!!! And it's awesome that you no longer have any health problems! I think that's really something you should be proud of, to have reverse all that stuff that could have killed you. It's like your body is good as new.

Like you, I am amazed how much I really eat. It's important to measure. I just ate something I never knew the calories to, but assume it was always at 70 calories. Turns out it was almost 200 calories. So, that's why I like MFP and the databases they have.

Again, REALLY nice job! I wish my dad would be this dedicated. He doesn't have long to live if he keeps playing around.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Unreal job! You have major dedication to get up at 220 my God! Hopefully when you start maintaining you will sleep during the week too lol!
  • greeneyed1975
    greeneyed1975 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    OP, youre kidding youre in your 50s, right?

amazing!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!