Newcomer, please help meeeeee with gaining weight ;)

Options
Welcome
I am completely newcomer to myfitnesspal and to fitness lifestyle and I need your help.
I am 21 years old, 174 cm and 60 kg of weight. I set my goal to gain 0,5 kg a week, is it a lot? What goal I should set?
What myfitnesspal showed me that I need to consume: 2,770 Calories / Day
It's pretty a lot. Is that right?
Any suggestions for me - I would like to build as much lean muscle mass.
Thank you so much!!!

Replies

• ldmholla
    ldmholla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep under 2000 calories if possible
  • CherylT0405
    Options
    I needed to gain weight and my doctor put me on a 2000 calorie diet. But make sure that you aren't just eating unhealthy, high calorie foods to get to your calorie level. The best thing to do would be to focus on consuming foods with healthy fats (avacado, cheese, whole milk, nuts, hummus). Also, be sure that you are doing weight training type exercises so the weight you gain turns to muscle, not just fat.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That math seems off. Use IIFYM to get a better estimate. I plugged your numbers in with some guesses and looked more like a 10% surplus would be around 2400.

For most people a .5kg a week is going to still be a pretty good mix of fat and muscle gains and is about middle of the road.

Your priorities when adding mass are 1. Calories, 2. Macros (hitting your minimum protein and fat) and 3. micronutrients. It's very difficult to put on weight quickly without some calorie dense foods. I wouldn't worry too much about them being "nutrient dense" as you are probably going to hit those numbers in the midst of hitting your macros.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ldmholla wrote: »

Ummm...GAIN weight, not lose.
  • sophie94x2014
    sophie94x2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 20 and also trying to gain weight. I have started eating between 2100-2500 calories a day, and i have gained 2 pounds in one week :) Hope that helps.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ldmholla wrote: »

Do you even read bro?
  • kylootheclwn
    Options
    I am trying to gain weight myself and i eat about 3500 cals aday with about 300g of protien. As well as eating i go to the gym and run a 5 day split taking only the weekends off. I allow myself one cheat day a week. During this cheat day im allowed to eat over or under my cal count as long as i maintain
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat to the number that MFP gives you and then re-assess every week and see if you are not gaining, gaining too much, and recalibrate as needed.

I would say set your macro percent's to 40% carbs/35% protein/30% fats.

what kind of training are you doing?

Once you have hit your macro and micro numbers feel free to fill in the rest of your calories with some things you enjoy like bagels, ice cream, cookies, etc...