Vegetarian struggling to feel full - HELP!

Options
About 6 months ago I decided to go vegetarian, both for ethical and health reasons. I've been gradually cutting meat out of my diet. Now that I'm on MFP, I'm struggling to continue cutting out meat *and get enough protein/feel full after meals. Suggestions??

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    What kinds of things are you eating now? Maybe open your diary? I'm vegetarian too, and have found that reducing carbs while increasing protein and fat has helped. Eggs in particular are great if you still eat those, I usually make an egg/egg white omelette for breakfast with baby spinach, mushrooms, cheese and salsa for around 250 calories which leaves me feeling super full!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cottage cheese, and Greek yogurt are your best friends. I keep my carb intake to moderate levels to manage fatigue from a couple of medical conditions I have and fit fat in as I can. I also supplement my protein intake with protein bars and shakes, but they're not necessary. I just like them. My diary is public if you want to look.
  • zoezoekende
    zoezoekende Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try lentils and beans, eat more protein in the morning .
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    If you still eat sea food (like I do) you could try tuna over crunchy broccoli slaw, garnished with nuts. Really delicious with a smattering of balsamic glaze. It's a good protein source lunch without driving carbs through the roof.