PB2

2»

Replies

• Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    How many calories in your version?

Crust: 1,083 total
    9 sheets chocolate graham crackers - used honey maid. 130 calories for 2 sheets, for a total of 585 cals
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted - used Challenge brand, 200 cals for 2 tbsp
    2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate, melted - used Guittard brand baking chocolate bar, 298 calories for 2oz

Filling: 620 total
    1 ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt - used Dannon Oikos which is 120 calories per cup, for a total of 180 cals
    9 tablespoons PB2 - 45 calories per 2 tablespoons for a total of 203 cals
    1.5 scoops unflavored unsweetened whey protein - mine is Jarrow, which is 94 calories per scoop (23 grams) for a total of 141 cals
    1/2 cup equal sweetener - depending on who you ask this is "0 calorie" or 2/3/4 calories per tsp. If you say it's 4 cals/tsp then this is 96 calories for 1/2 cup

Topping: 741
    ¼ cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts - Winco bins, 219 cals for 1/4 cup
    4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted for drizzle - I honestly don't know, since it depends on how much drizzle you used and I can't imagine anybody using this much just for drizzle. I personally didn't bother with this step, but I'm assuming since 28grams of Guittard semisweet morsels is 130 cals (15grams/70cals), then it's ~522 if you use it ALL

Total, with topping: 2,964
    Total, without topping: 1,703

I don't remember how big each piece was. I'm assuming a serving was a 1/12th the pan? So that'd be:

142 cals per piece w/o topping

and 247 per piece with topping
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Mech9 wrote: »

9 sheets chocolate graham crackers - used honey maid. 130 calories for 2 sheets, for a total of 585 cals
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted - used Challenge brand, 200 cals for 2 tbsp
    2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate, melted - used Guittard brand baking chocolate bar, 298 calories for 2oz

1 ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt - used Dannon Oikos which is 120 calories per cup, for a total of 180 cals
    1.5 scoops unflavored unsweetened whey protein - mine is Jarrow, which is 94 calories per scoop (23 grams) for a total of 141 cals
    1/2 cup equal sweetener - depending on who you ask this is "0 calorie" or 2/3/4 calories per tsp. If you say it's 4 cals/tsp then this is 96 calories for 1/2 cup

4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted for drizzle - I honestly don't know, since it depends on how much drizzle you used and I can't imagine anybody using this much just for drizzle. I personally didn't bother with this step, but I'm assuming since 28grams of Guittard semisweet morsels is 130 cals (15grams/70cals), then it's ~522 if you use it ALL

I don't remember how big each piece was. I'm assuming a serving was a 1/12th the pan? So that'd be:

Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to post that all.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    do you think that cheesecake dessert could be subbed with soy yogurt/powder for the filling? or would it not be the same texture
  • Mech9
    do you think that cheesecake dessert could be subbed with soy yogurt/powder for the filling? or would it not be the same texture

I've never actually seen either of those, so I couldn't say. Sorry about that.
  • squishprincess

no problem, i guess i can experiment myself. i just try to stay away from dairy :) thanks for posting that entire recipe though!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member

no problem, i guess i can experiment myself. i just try to stay away from dairy :) thanks for posting that entire recipe though!!

lactose intolerant?

I try to stay away from soy ha.
  • squishprincess

lactose intolerant?

I try to stay away from soy ha.

makes my tummy bloaty/hurt and i get a lot of acne when i eat too much dairy :neutral_face:

i try not to eat too much soy either, but i'm allergic to almonds & sensitive to coconut so a lot of dairy alternatives are off the list, lol!
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    I am very picky on my peanut butter. I love peanut butter. And I love pb2. I mix it with water and add a little maple syrup. As good as real peanut butter. I eat it on a rice cake and sometimes top that with a little banana. I use it just like peanut butter
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member

I like the way you math!

I get annoyed in the Recipes forum when someone posts that a recipe has "100 calories per serving" or something but doesn't think to give up any information about how many servings they arbitrarily decided their recipe makes or how big a serving is LOL. Can always add it to the recipe builder myself, but recipe posters could save a lot of people a bit of time with a little info like that. You gave us a lot of information and I like knowing the total calories for the whole recipe or for constituent parts (not per serving), so I feel very informed, thanks.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    My husband will make a Thai style noodle dish with pb2, basically he used it to make a great peanut sauce
  • squishprincess
    jlewisrn74 wrote: »
    I am very picky on my peanut butter. I love peanut butter. And I love pb2. I mix it with water and add a little maple syrup. As good as real peanut butter. I eat it on a rice cake and sometimes top that with a little banana. I use it just like peanut butter
    ooo i love maple syrup too, sounds like a yummy mix :blush:

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    edited March 2015
    This has inspired me! I'm going to try making some tasty oatmeal balls for later. I'm going to mix pb powder(I was going to get PB2 but it has added salt and sugar, so I bought a different brand that is just 100% peanuts, nothing added), cocoa powder, Truvia, and quick oats(and ofc water). I'm eager to see how they turn out!
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Another thing I have done is 1/2 PB2 and 1/2 peanut butter protein powder (I use quest) it makes my PB2 last longer and adds some protein.
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    I make oatmeal packs in ziplock snack bags in advance with pb2

1/3 cup quick or instant oats
    1t chia seeds
    1t ground flaxseed
    2t oat bran
    2t protein powder or powdered milk
    1t pb2
    dash of salt

1-2t sweetener of your choice(I don't use any since my protein powder has enough in it for me)
    1/8t cinnamon (optional)
    about 1/3c freeze dried fruit or leave out to add your own later if you like

takes me about 10min to make about 25 packs and i'm good for breakfast at work for the upcoming month ;P
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    I love to spread the chocolate PB2 on a whole grain waffle and top with sliced strawberries. So good!
  • Mech9
    rayw89 wrote: »
    This has inspired me! I'm going to try making some tasty oatmeal balls for later. I'm going to mix pb powder(I was going to get PB2 but it has added salt and sugar, so I bought a different brand that is just 100% peanuts, nothing added), cocoa powder, Truvia, and quick oats(and ofc water). I'm eager to see how they turn out!

@rayw89‌ - Please do share what brand! I could only find PB2 at the grocery store so it didn't occur to me that there were other brands, haha.
  • rayw89
    It's called Crazy Richard's Pure PB.
  • rayw89
    Ooh, and I just realized it's made by the same company that makes one of my favorite real peanut butters, Krema. I now have both versions of the same brand, haha.