Looking for friends and support here to stay motivated ☺

Options
New to the community but not new to My Fitness Pal. Thought I would try something different and actually look for support from people that are going through the same struggles as me. I'm 49 and dealing with hypothyroidism, and on Synthroid for that. Hoping that support from great people will help me finally beat this, thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Replies

• wbckwoz
    wbckwoz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 43 - have hypothyroid - on Armour Thyroid for it... I need to lose about 40 pounds... I find it very hard to lose weight too.
  • cole4bella
    Options
    I am 37 and have struggled with hypothyroid for the past 8 years and find each year it gets harder to keep control of it. The synthroid helped at first but now I have started gaining weight and I am trying to change my diet and physical routine to maybe kickstart some change. It is hard thing to struggle with since one of the main issues we have to deal with is how tired we are all the time.

Let's figure out how to deal with this together because I have about 50 lbs I really need to lose to make sure diabetes doesn't creep up and bite me too.
  • szrrsk
    szrrsk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is shànnon. I too suffer from thyroid issues. Im hyperthyroid and graves desease. Was on meds for over 4 yrs. Been med free for almost a year. Losing. Weight was easy for me. Took me about 1 year and a half to lose 54 lbs. Keeping on track and NOTgoing back to old habits is the hard part.... Good luck to u :D
  • sgrosick
    sgrosick Posts: 14
    Options
    wbckwoz wrote: »
    I am 43 - have hypothyroid - on Armour Thyroid for it... I need to lose about 40 pounds... I find it very hard to lose weight too.

How is the Armour working for you, do you feel good? I find the synthroid is doing nothing for me except keeping my number in line.
  • sgrosick
    Options
    cole4bella wrote: »
    I am 37 and have struggled with hypothyroid for the past 8 years and find each year it gets harder to keep control of it. The synthroid helped at first but now I have started gaining weight and I am trying to change my diet and physical routine to maybe kickstart some change. It is hard thing to struggle with since one of the main issues we have to deal with is how tired we are all the time.

Let's figure out how to deal with this together because I have about 50 lbs I really need to lose to make sure diabetes doesn't creep up and bite me too.

Thank you for the reply, I know exactly what you mean, I have been struggling with the thyroid issue myself for around 8yrs. I don't feel Synthroid has really done anything for me, I don't need to gain weight and feel crappy most of the time. I have about 100 lbs I'd like to loose, please add me as a friend and yes let's help each other.
  • sgrosick
    Options
    szrrsk wrote: »
    Hi my name is shànnon. I too suffer from thyroid issues. Im hyperthyroid and graves desease. Was on meds for over 4 yrs. Been med free for almost a year. Losing. Weight was easy for me. Took me about 1 year and a half to lose 54 lbs. Keeping on track and NOTgoing back to old habits is the hard part.... Good luck to u :D

Congratulations Shannon! Thank you for the kind words, stay strong I know its hard!
  • subey15
    subey15 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I'm just overweight...lol at my heaviest I was 277 lost 59 and have gained back 34 pounds so I was freaking out when I finally got on the scale. I never reached my goal which was to see 199...lol I signed up for MyFitnessPal 12 days ago and started a work regiment(I was sidelined for ankle surgery/rehab for 6 weeks) I'm happy to say I've lost 5 pounds I know it isn't much but it's a start! I love how I can track everything and I do not feel like I'm on a diet. Let's be accountable so we can win this battle
  • sgrosick
    Options
    Good morning subey!