MY DIARY IS OPEN

Options
2»

Replies

• djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am at lightly active and exercising 4 days a week. So what do I need to do here?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    how do i know if i set it up with exercise included? by my activity level? i have lightly active right now....???
    exercise goals? I have that set at 4 x a week.

Don't worry about what you put for your exercise goal. That's just for your reference. Again, I agree with teagirlmedium. Just take your job into account when you pick your activity level and then add your exercise calories manually. So, if you sit on your butt all day (like I do), pick sedentary. If you get some moving around in, pick lightly active. But instead of picking to lose .5 lbs a week, choose to maintain (unless you can play with the how much to lose a week part so it comes close to what the 20% off your tdee is). If you have it at maintain, make sure the green numbers at the end of the day are at 20% of tdee. If you pick however much to lose a week that equals 20% of tdee, make sure your remaining calories per day are at or very near zero.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    So I guess I'll try sedentary? I am still confused . I just burned 500 calories exercising. So now what do I do?!! And I am working out tomorrow also. So how much should I eat tomorrow so that u don't have such a huge deficit? I am doing Ripped in 30 and also 6week abs workout. Will do both tomorrow also....
  • glassyo
    Options
    It really just depends on what's easier for you.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Ugh, I just edited the last post with a loooooong reply but, since I'm at work and people won't leave me alone, it took too long until I could post it. I am *NOT* retyping it! :tongue:

Basically, you have two options to figure out your calories. If you feel you're sedentary or lightly active you can figure out your maintenance calories per week and add your exercise calories per week together, divide by 7 and that's what you should eat TO MAINTAIN per day. Manually set your calorie goal to that number minus 20% and eat until your remaining calories is zero. You can also play with upping your activity level setting to see if it comes close to the number you want but setting it manually is probably easier.

OR

Option 2 is to figure out your maintenance calories without exercise and eat to 20% of that per day. When you exercise, add it in and change your goal number to 20% of whatever maintenance calories you're working with that day.

I also realize this might have gotten a bit off topic from your original post. How long have you even been stuck???? It could be anything!:smile: