Struggled with 10 lbs so long need support

Options
I have struggled with the same 10 lbs for so long !!! Just enough weight to make me feel so uncomfortable ! Yes I excuse it bc of the chronic stress of college and divorce .... Bills etc... But this really makes me feel worst than and problems I have had !! Well.... Im ready !

Replies

• glenno17
    glenno17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there I didn't know they had this part on my fitness pal but we can all help and support each other on here
  • sh3llbell
    sh3llbell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi starsade, I too am struggling with 10 lbs for at least the last 18 months... it doesn't seem much but need some motivation ...
  • thespringbuck
    thespringbuck Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's a straightforward really, I tried for years to get my wife to follow what I was doing and she wouldn't believe me until her progress stopped completely and she finally agreed to follow IIFYM and eat MORE calories. Seems odd that eating more calories was the key, but with all the exercise she does, she wasn't eating enough of the right food to sustain her lifestyle, so an IIFYM (if it fits your macros) macro nutrient split of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% essential fat, with the correct number of calories was what turned it for her and her progress has been amazing. Essentially, IIFYM allows you to eat what you like, provided however, it fits within your macro nutrient splits, approx 40/40/20 as mentioned above, but it's a sustainable lifestyle change, it's not boring and you'll always find yourself looking for exciting new meals to eat!
    IIFYM.com, if u want help, just shout.
  • sh3llbell
    sh3llbell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's a straightforward really, I tried for years to get my wife to follow what I was doing and she wouldn't believe me until her progress stopped completely and she finally agreed to follow IIFYM and eat MORE calories. Seems odd that eating more calories was the key, but with all the exercise she does, she wasn't eating enough of the right food to sustain her lifestyle, so an IIFYM (if it fits your macros) macro nutrient split of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% essential fat, with the correct number of calories was what turned it for her and her progress has been amazing. Essentially, IIFYM allows you to eat what you like, provided however, it fits within your macro nutrient splits, approx 40/40/20 as mentioned above, but it's a sustainable lifestyle change, it's not boring and you'll always find yourself looking for exciting new meals to eat!
    IIFYM.com, if u want help, just shout.

thanks for the info..due to injuries I'm not doing a lot of exercise however i still think the MFP recommend 1200 is a bit low. Interested how much more calories your wife was eating and what her macro nutrient split was prior to 40/40/20 ??
  • thespringbuck
    Options
    thanks for the info..due to injuries I'm not doing a lot of exercise however i still think the MFP recommend 1200 is a bit low. Interested how much more calories your wife was eating and what her macro nutrient split was prior to 40/40/20 ??
    [/quote]

My wife was doing a 40/40/20 split but only 1400 calories, far too little for the amount of exercise she was doing, so she agreed to let me calculate her requirements using the TDEE calculator and we increased her intake to 1900 and she has since seen great results.
  • cuteberries
    cuteberries Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What's TDEE?
  • kelzfender21
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds in 2 months, I'm 5'3 and was stuck at 140 and am now 126. I haven't been exercising but maintaining a low calorie diet. This app has been great, I will literally track every speck of food I eat and I have got results. Good luck! Also I have the mindset of wanting to look good in a bikini this summer and that has kept me going.
  • thespringbuck
    Options
    What's TDEE?

TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure, if you look on the IIFYM.com website, the calculator is there, this will tell u your calorie needs based on age, weight, height and exercise (do not put excercise into MFP once you calculate this TDEE). From that TDEE figure, apply a 15 % deficit, this will be what you should eat daily to drop body fat correctly.
  • kikis533
    kikis533 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, i only eat about 1200 callories per day, exersice 3-4 times a week, really want to loose a stone, the thing is i can see ive lost a bit from my face arms and boobs (which is not good) lol but when i get on the scales im still the same weight :( is this due to muscle being heavier than fat? ....help!!
  • thespringbuck
    Options
    kikis533 wrote: »
    Hi, i only eat about 1200 callories per day, exersice 3-4 times a week, really want to loose a stone, the thing is i can see ive lost a bit from my face arms and boobs (which is not good) lol but when i get on the scales im still the same weight :( is this due to muscle being heavier than fat? ....help!!

Sounds like you're very much on the original path my wife was on, she used to eat roughly 1200 on a good day and gym 3-4 days a week, then agreed to let me structure her meals more, and let me bump her up to 1400, after which she saw some progress (progress had stopped altogether until then).

She did have some small success at 1400 but unlikely to have been body fat reduction (much), so to further her success we pushed the calories higher to 1700 and now finally to 1900 which is where she has seen her greatest success. That 1900 is a 10% deficit from her TDEE and her progress is fantastic, starting to rock a 6 pack now, she only wishes she had followed my advice years ago because she's eating all the food she could want following the IIFYM model with a 40/40/20 macro nutrient split.

My first check would be for you to do a TDEE calculation , understand what your BMR and TDEE is and from there apply a 15% deficit. Remember never to input your exercise into the MFP app, TDEE takes your workouts into account already.

Will drop you a friend request so you can msg me if you have any questions.
  • kikis533
    Options
    Hi, 1900 calories per day, i dont think i could eat that many, that is my problem i dont know what foods to eat, i stick to low calorie stuff and slim fast shakes but in my case its slim slow shakes huh, where will i find the TDEE calculator please?
  • ruth601
    ruth601 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I always thought had to have 1200 a day to lose weight :)
  • kikis533
    Options
    Ive always stuck to the 1200 calories, my problem is the food i eat i think
  • thespringbuck
    Options
    kikis533 wrote: »
    Hi, 1900 calories per day, i dont think i could eat that many, that is my problem i dont know what foods to eat, i stick to low calorie stuff and slim fast shakes but in my case its slim slow shakes huh, where will i find the TDEE calculator please?

You can find the tdee calc on the iifym.com website, drop me a msg when you've worked out your BMR and tdee and I can help you further from there

• thespringbuck
    Options
    ruth601 wrote: »
    I always thought had to have 1200 a day to lose weight :)

It's better to have a 15% calorie deficit, that's 15% below your tdee, you'll see in my msg above. A default 1200 isn't the way to go.
  • kikis533
    Options
    Hi
    I've tried to post a pic but its not loading, anyway here it is
    BMI is 25.6
    BMR is 5181kj / 1238 calories
    TDEE is 8030 kj / 1919 calories

Thanks
  • kennedysimmons54
    kennedysimmons54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushin :) you can do it. Feel free to add me.
  • kikis533
    Options
    Thanks