Eating calories

Options
Swoopette
Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
I start my week on a Monday(1500 calories a day). I have gone under everyday of calories and up to Saturday I have 1091 calories not eating in total for those days. Sunday is my last day should I try to at least get an extra 500 healthy calories back. So on Sunday instead of eating 1500. I would eat 2000? This could be the reason for no gain on my cheat weigh in day possibly?

So in other words in a week I should be eating 10500 calories so far this week (since Monday) I have eaten 7909 (as Sunday isn't here yet) So I have 2591 calories not eatin for this week. 1500 calories will come off tomorrow.

So do I try to eat more Sunday. I know I should get closer to my calorie goal daily but I didn't.

Advice??

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wat? Maybe it's just too late. Will read again in the morning.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying. I don't always hit my goal either, but I don't go out of my way to make up for the "excess". Just leave it as what it is. As you lose weight your goal is going to get lower anyway. If you happen to go over a bit on Sunday, at least you know you have the wiggle room, but there's no reason to make yourself go over.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Depends what your weekly goal loss is set to

I often had 500-1000 calories beyond defecit over goal, tracking on a rolling 7 days, and I would eat them if I wanted or keep them for logging inaccuracies. My weight loss rate was never over goal over time so it worked for me

The numbers are all estimates

Judge it by what happens in your body
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nut butters
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If I understand what you wrote, it sounds like you will have an extra 1000 calories you could have eaten during the week but didn't. I don't think it's a big deal. You could add a "treat" or just keep it moving. In the grand scheme of things we are potentially talking about less than 1/3rd of a pound of weight loss.

If you have found that eating the way you have for 6 days is doable, maybe you can have a day where you eat more calories (as a treat or cheat day). Or you could reset your calorie goals lower and lose a little faster. That is, provided you'd be at a safe goal every day (e.g., 1200 or above).
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I read this a few times..Are you trying to gain or lose?
    Swoopette wrote: »
    This could be the reason for no gain on my cheat weigh in day possibly?

Most people do not worry too much about being under 200 cals on a particular day, but doing it everyday means you should tighten up your menu planning a little or try to eat something high in cals just before bed (peanut butter is a fav.) to make up differences.

If you are trying to lose weight...you probably shouldn't worry about being a little short BUT AGAIN..make sure you are not eating too little. Keeping your calories as close to your budget as possible makes everything easier to form habits and reaching maintenance will not be as tough a transition for you