Talk me out of going to the gym today

Options
LKArgh
LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
I woke up feeling terrible. My head hurts, my throat hurts, every bone hurts. But still no fever, yet. My mind tells me that I need to skip my workout today. But, this is an unusually busy week, so I will also have to skip my mid-week visit to the gym, and wait until next Saturday :( Did weight training on Thursday, a fast cardio circuit yesterday, this was supposed to be weight training today, so again my mind tells me that I can survive without exercise today. But still, I really really really want to go, even though I know it is stupid.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Don't go. You'll get someone else sick.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Don't go. You'll get someone else sick.

Good point, thank you :)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    If your sick then your sick dont feel bad about needing to rest. If you need fresh air or a change of scenery then have a gentle rest otherwise rest and take plenty of fluids
    Hope your feeling better soon
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't be selfish and spread your germs to others. Stay in bed.

If you absolutely must do something then do a short workout video at home.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, I get why you want to go, but stay home. It's not fair on the general public.
  • bmanlatour
    bmanlatour Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I read a really great study about staggering intensity. Basically in a week you have 3 workouts one that's with heavy lifting one that's light and one that's just right. In the week you decide which workout based on how your energy level feels.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-muscle-prof-should-i-gut-a-workout-when-i-feel-awful.html?mcid=SM_facetraining03012615So

basically if you need a rest day, light day, active recovery day, take it. Do stretching and self massage today.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Rest up and feel better. Don't be selfish and make other people sick.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    s8254ccmn2p7.jpeg

YES!!!!!

being said- OP- go for a walk- do some burpees- but if you really are feeling crappy - stay away from gem- it's enough of a germ fest- dont' be rude and spread your germs.