30 day shred - Every day???

Options
Hi everyone!

Do you have to do the 30 day shred everyday to see results? I get much too sore if I do it every day. I would like to do it every 2-3 days and then walk for 1-2 hours the days in between. Will that prevent me from seeing results?

Replies

• mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    No, you should be fine! Jilllian Micheals herself advises to at least take one rest day a week btw - don't do it every day.
  • SDom81
    SDom81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I did Jillian Michael ripped in 30 and just did week days .which I had good results and was very happy with the out come.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Jillian recommends taking at least one rest day. How you do your 10 days at each level is up to you. When I ate right, I lost inches and weight,5-8. When I didn't pay attention to what I ate, I lost inches and a couple of pounds.
  • nanagirl95
    Options
    Does anyone have know how many calories burned doing the shred?
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I guestimated 100cals for every 10 minutes. So would log about 250cals as the warm up/cool down don't really count. I'm 5'3" and weigh 142lbs.
  • VailCat13
    VailCat13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I only use the Shred as an at-home workout supplement when I can't get out to the gym (1-2x per week). I love the variety it lends to my routine and I believe it's improving my fitness and weight loss. I don't think you need to do it everyday.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    nanagirl95 wrote: »
    Does anyone have know how many calories burned doing the shred?

Though I know it's not 100% accurate, my HRM says around 100 for level 1. I'm 5"2 and around 108 lbs.
  • nanagirl95
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just started last night. Very excited to do this! I'm 119 lbs and I just have a couple more pounds to go. I'm hoping this will help. Also, I think I'm going to do 6 days with 1 off as well.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just started but want to do on alternating days (do Leslie Sansone on the off day) and also rotate thru the levels ..... wish me luck.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's called the 30 day shred because the program is 30 days worth of workouts. NOT because it's intended to be done back to back in 30 days.

I would recommend though that the workouts 7-10 in each level be back to back. It will probably be too easy at that point.