Breakfast!

Options
nwhite16
nwhite16 Posts: 17 Member
what is a good healthy breakfast? At the minute I have a bowl of porridge (40g made with 200ml water) with a banana, a kiwi & a tablespoon of milled sunflower & pumpkin seeds.. All washed down with a glass of semi skimmed milk. What do you have for breakfast? I love porridge or weetabix! But can't think of what to have with it at times...

Replies

• Dancingducky
    Options
    If you don't mind putting a little bit of work into it, you could make an omelet. My favorite is an egg white omelet with feta and asparagus.
  • prettysuperwoman77
    Options
    This morning, I'm eating a two egg white omelette. There is raw spinach cooked inside it and I top it with avocado slices, sauteed mushrooms and onions. I use 0 calorie butter flavored nonstick cooking spray in the pan. On the side, I have 1/2 of a plain ruby red grapefruit and a slice of flaxseed toast with a tsp of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey.
  • rawkette
    rawkette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Egg avocado melon and Coffee

hyj4atudc3g1.jpg
  • JK1123
    JK1123 Posts: 1
    Options
    I make pre-measured smoothie packs.
    I put 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, a handful of frozen peach slices or mango chunks, and some chia seeds and flax seeds in quart-size freezers bags and freeze them. I make at least 15 bags at a time.
    Then in the morning I put one of the bags in the blender with 6 oz of fat-free yogurt. I use the yogurt cup to measure out 6 oz of orange juice and 6 oz of cold water, and blend it all up.
    It fills a whole "blender bottle" (the big plastic protein shake cups with the whisk ball) and it makes me feel super hydrated all day. I don't think I could sit down and eat that much fruit, but drinking it is so much easier.
    Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Mafuezee
    Mafuezee Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cereal
    honey peanut butter sandwich
    veg omelette
  • tam05ad
    tam05ad Posts: 9
    Options
    1 Paleo pancake with chicken maple sausage = 300 cal
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    Chia seed oatmeal using almond milk! There's a recipe on the app sidechef.
  • anybody24
    Options
    Banana dipped in (unsweetened) Greek yogurt. Healthy, tasty, filling... and best of all, no dishes!
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I work from home so I tend to have more leeway with the whole time to make breakfast thing, but I like:

crustless dairy free quiche in muffin cups
    quiche-style stuffed baked green peppers
    veggie omelets
    sugar free oatmeal with nonfat plain greek yogurt mixed in and fruit
    protein cereal
  • nwhite16
    nwhite16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You's are all so creative with your meals
  • tererob
    tererob Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A bagel thin with one egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon. Yummy and only 240 calories!
  • tererob
    tererob Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    JK1123 wrote: »
    I put 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, a handful of frozen peach slices or mango chunks, and some chia seeds and flax seeds in quart-size freezers bags and freeze them. I make at least 15 bags at a time.
    Then in the morning I put one of the bags in the blender with 6 oz of fat-free yogurt. I use the yogurt cup to measure out 6 oz of orange juice and 6 oz of cold water, and blend it all up.
    It fills a whole "blender bottle" (the big plastic protein shake cups with the whisk ball) and it makes me feel super hydrated all day. I don't think I could sit down and eat that much fruit, but drinking it is so much easier.

Great Idea!!
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like to make a spicy egg white omelet with roasted bell peppers and put it in a high fiber low carb wrap plus a protein shake all together about 300 calories which is my caloric goal per meal
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually either eat cereal with unsweetened almond milk to get some iron in, or some low carb yogurt for that protein and calcium
  • limbergr244
    Options
    I usually have 3/4 cup rolled oats cooked with 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites. I pan fry it just like scrambled eggs.

Once it is cooked I mix in 1T of organic peanut butter and about 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries or mixed berries. I know it sounds a little weird but its great! You get plenty of protein, it is filling, and super tasty! You could probably make it using the same fruit you use in your porridge.

If I'm feeling like it I'll have a small glass of unsweetened vanilla silk almond milk.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner for breakfast. I don't like having a heavy meal before bed and I like packing in lots of nutrients at the beginning of the day. So, I eat meatloaf, spaghetti, soup, bbq chicken, etc. Yeah, I'm weird. :p
  • cupcaker18
    Options
    I often have a whole wheat english muffin with about a Tbsp of peanut butter and sliced bananas, its about 300 cal and super easy and convenient
  • tpelser2015
    Options
    tererob wrote: »
    JK1123 wrote: »

Great Idea!!
    But how many calories is this??

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cannoli French toast... 3 slices for 450 calories. Totally worth it. Just using Pepperidge Farm swirl bread and making the cream with some part skim ricotta, a bit of vanilla and sugar. Obviously 2 slices would be less but 3 is the perfect amount to use up all the egg batter if you use one egg and 1/4 cup of milk.
  • melody23402
    melody23402 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I make an egg white sandwich with 1/2 a slice of Swiss cheese on flat bread rounds with a tsp of butter and a 1/4 cup of raspberries or 1/2 of a banana altogether about 220 calories