Outdoor power rack?

Options
rileyes
rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
Does anyone know of any outdoor lifting cages on the market? Or a good outdoor DIY rack for light lifting?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Metal will eventually rust, wood will eventually rot.
    Why can't it be inside?
  • rileyes
    Options
    I prefer outside. I am designing an obstacle course and thought a lifting cage would be an nice addition.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I think they have one in the prison yard...
  • lishie_rebooted
    edited March 2015
    Options
    DSCF1575.jpg.html

Found that googling "prison power rack"
    It's homemade

ETA: pic doesn't appear to be showing up... here's the link: http://s30.photobucket.com/user/mikesknives/media/DSCF1575.jpg.html
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome actually. I would think working out outside with an obstacle course would be a ton of fun!
  • alysme
    alysme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Scaffolding? You could make your own.
  • rileyes
    Options
    That's nifty! Galvanized piping could actually work with a good quality stainless steel bar. This is definitely plan B!

I prefer buying something ready-made with little upkeep -- plan A. :smile:
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »

Those are all wood and inside.
  • rileyes
    Options
    Yes, they are inside. But wood comes from a tree and if properly treated with an outdoor stain (or varnish --sanding and varnishing is a pain though), this could work for my region. I would just lug the weights from inside everyday --
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wouldn't it be a little more straightforward to build a lifting gazebo? Plopping a roof over a bog-standard indoor rack would be pretty easy, and you wouldn't have to time your lifts for when the sun wasn't hitting the rack. Heck, with a little thought, the roof could be part of your obstacle course.
  • rileyes
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes. That is the exact plan. Right now, I have rings flung over a porch beam and want to transfer that to a gazebo-type area too. I want to incorporate a complete obscure-yet-functional obstacle course to my backyard design.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    Yes. That is the exact plan. Right now, I have rings flung over a porch beam and want to transfer that to a gazebo-type area too. I want to incorporate a complete obscure-yet-functional obstacle course to my backyard design.

I want to come live with you
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to bring to this thread :p but I just want you to post pictures when you're done with your project.