First week with insanity complete.. so excited for my loss!

Options
2»

Replies

• k_stanway
    k_stanway Posts: 11
    Options
    I couldn't do a single push-up when I started Insanity a week ago, now I can do 20! Try! :wink:
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    Congrats. I'm almost done with week three. I'd say it gets easier, but that's a lie. You do get stronger, though.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Insanity is my favourite workout dvd, I'm on the recovery week at the moment and not only have I lost 11lb but also about 4inches from all over (of the bits I measured).
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    on the 2nd fit test (on day 3 of week 3 now) I had lost #2 - no inches I'm not worried about it. I feel so much better already
  • Akrion
    Akrion Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 7th week of Insanity and yes, you are not guaranteed to loose weight with this program. I already weighed a healthy weight of 125# at 5'2 when I started insanity but I only challenged myself to do this program to reduce my waist measurement and build endurance.

I also weighed myself everyday and calculated weekly averages and found that my weight was highest in the first week with average of about 128# (water retention from DOMS) and slowly started coming down every week at an average rate of about 0.5#. During recovery week it went up again, however, on the 7th week I have finally reached my newest lower weight of 123.4#. I have also lost almost 10" all over. My biggest accomplishment is going from 31" to 29.5" at navel, and 29" at the smallest part of my waist to 27.5". I am hoping these last two weeks will help me go down by another 0.5" in both areas.

To all of you who are already doing insanity, remember:

img1022bz.jpg
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I actually posted my two week results about four days ago, it's the "Insanity day 14 w/ pics" post. I can already see a difference from those pics (which were actually day 12) :D
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't do the insanity workout because I can't do push ups, if I do a push up I'll probably break my arms.

You can still try and they say by the end of the program you will know how to do push ups and more.
    I still cant do one :( but i sure try and I think Im getting better already.
    Im on week 3 day 3

good luck to everyone :)
    likewise feel free to add me,Whatever help I can get and give to get trough this will be much needed!

I agree! My pushups are terrible but I try my hardest. Not being able to do pushups is not a good enough reason, the pushups will get better each time. I dread the level 1 and 2 drills for the pushups but still try. I'm also on week 3 day 3.
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have lot about 10 pounds with insanity so far. i just started Month 2 yesturday. KEEP IT UP
  • lu1022
    lu1022 Posts: 61
    Options
    I am doing the 7th week of Insanity and yes, you are not guaranteed to loose weight with this program. I already weighed a healthy weight of 125# at 5'2 when I started insanity but I only challenged myself to do this program to reduce my waist measurement and build endurance.

I also weighed myself everyday and calculated weekly averages and found that my weight was highest in the first week with average of about 128# (water retention from DOMS) and slowly started coming down every week at an average rate of about 0.5#. During recovery week it went up again, however, on the 7th week I have finally reached my newest lower weight of 123.4#. I have also lost almost 10" all over. My biggest accomplishment is going from 31" to 29.5" at navel, and 29" at the smallest part of my waist to 27.5". I am hoping these last two weeks will help me go down by another 0.5" in both areas.

To all of you who are already doing insanity, remember:

img1022bz.jpg

I love this saying! :smile:
  • kbrhelker23
    Options
    I am 3 weeks into Insanity and have lost 5 inches but no weight loss. they claim i should eat about 2200 cal/day but that is too hard. i bearly have time to eat with my 1 year old climbing my leg every second lol. so i just eat when i can and until im full.. but i hope i lose some weight by the end, it is so intense if i dont lose weight from this i dont know how many options i have left.
  • helenlouise01
    Options
    Hi All

Im Helen

New on here can you please tell me what insanity is as I never heard of it? I just had a Woo Hoo moment as I lost a kg (2..2pounds) and this my 1st week, im just doing eating right foods and a little exercise so am interested in finding better ways to loose them calories.

Thanks Helen :)
  • pantgirl
    pantgirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just started today, did the fitness test and felt like I was going to vomit a couple of times! Quite excited. Have done most of the 30DS with no real change noticed so hopeful this works!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!