Another small, but major success

Options
Ellaskat
Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
I have chronic Lyme, which has meant for me, that even though I used to run marathons, I now can go weeks at a time with so little energy, and being so fatigued, that I can't even walk for 15 minutes. This has gone on for several years now. There are things I have learned to help restore my energy,but the hardest is just to be patient and wait for the bout to move on. Usually, when I have a bout, it totally derails me. I quit exercising for 6+ months at a time! because it is just so demoralizing.

Not this time. My bout has lasted 4 weeks, but I have monitored daily. Looking for any window to move and be active. After 10 days of moving a little more at a time, I finally built up enough energy and strength to do a full workout today. I will NOT let my illness control me. I will be in charge, wait for it to pass, and then get my butt in gear again.

So happy to have made this happen today!

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Goods for you. Even in the face of illness you are still going strong. A great example for others.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have a heart condition and a pacemaker, and some days when my heart is playing up I'm too scared to get off the couch and even go for a walk, even though, intellectually speaking, I am aware that my pacemaker will likely to take care of it and nothing bad will happen to me. But I hate letting it control me, and how long it takes me to get into exercise again once it passes. So maybe I should take a leaf from your book and get out there anyway :smile:
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your disease must be SO frustrating! I have a myriad of physical problems, but am determined to make this happen. It's good to hear you are beating your disease!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is beautiful. I wish you good health and continued success. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!