Light, Filling Lunch

Options
brannick
brannick Posts: 7
I don't know about you guys, but I am trying to make my lunch really light, have a light snack at around 3:00pm, have a larger dinner (not too large of course) and not eat after 7:00 pm.

Something I found is really good to me is this:

1 80 calorie yogurt (whatever flavor you like)
1/2 cup Special K cereal (or equvalent)
1/2 (1) banana (or other fresh fruit)

Chop the banana and mix it all together. I know it sounds weird, maybe even gross, but I really like it. I am a texture eater, so I add the cereal as I go, so it doesn't get soggy.

Makes 1 full regular size cereal bowl. 176 (212 if you use a whole banana) calories.

I have also used Nature Valley Oat and Honey granola bars for this. If you use 1 bar it is 250 calories or 360 calories if you use both. If you get full quickly or easily you will not want to use both bars. It is cheaper to use the bars than loose granola, but takes more time, because you have to blend or chop them.

I enjoy this for lunch when Iam at home, because my shcool doesn't have a fridge we can use, and I am paranoid about dairy. I hope someone tries and likes this. Leave feedback if you do.

Replies

• p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey hun,

I often have this as my breakfast and it's yummy! I change the fruit around a bit too - sometimes an apple or a pear or banana. It keeps me full for aaaages and you can swap and change the cereal too - I sometimes have a few oats or low fat granola or Quaker Oat crisps!

Really good little meal :)
    -x-x-
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    sounds like a yummy little treat. however i'm concerned that your whole lunch contains no veggies? just make sure to get all of your servings in for the day.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I often make my lunch a few more calories and higher carb than my dinner as i burn it all off faster. I also try to get a good chunk of protein in every meal and most snacks. But i run a daycare and if i don't, i'm very hungry as i'm on the move a lot of my day. I love yogurt and granola as a weekend breakfast treat sometimes with berries :)
  • brannick
    brannick Posts: 7
    Options
    I usually eat raw veggies for a snack around 3:00 pm. I'm just starting all of this, so it may take me a while to get it right.