I just ran 5k for the first time!!

Options
2»

Replies

• eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - it's one heck of a great feeling isn't it?
    I've now done two with official timing (see profile photo) the past two weekends and even beat my time on the 2nd one!!

Keep up the great work!!

Got any plans on an 8K or 10K??
  • davemacdonald1
    davemacdonald1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good job! My fat *kitten* is doing the c25k program. I want to run a 5 k this summer! Good on ya!! When's the 10k coming?? ;)
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulatins, thats a really big marker and a huge psychological boost, really well done
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats, Beware running is addictive you will be doing 10k or half marathons before you know it. Keep up the Great work
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! - what a perfect time to read this - I just did Jessicasmithtv interval workout on youtube - my sister wants to start training for a 5K by doing the c25k program but have to wait until spring breaks in central Wisconsin so in the meantime I am doing what training I can to get ready for it - Thank heavens for a great sports bra!!! - Keep up the great work!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Well done.

tumblr_m1rkzpHj1n1r6aoq4o1_500_zps5ef8e7be.gif
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tfernan
    tfernan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    netter43 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! - what a perfect time to read this - I just did Jessicasmithtv interval workout on youtube - my sister wants to start training for a 5K by doing the c25k program but have to wait until spring breaks in central Wisconsin so in the meantime I am doing what training I can to get ready for it - Thank heavens for a great sports bra!!! - Keep up the great work!!!

Thank you!! Wow, this is my first post in the discussion forum and I am overwhelmed with all the positive encouragement.

I followed the Hal Higdon 5k Novice program, which I found was very helpful. I run slowly, but I'm very proud of myself. I use an indoor track at the YMCA, which is great.

I hope you succeed in your goals too!! We are in this together :)
    PS I totally agree that a good sports bra is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!