Welcome any ladies over 50

Options

Replies

• slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 - would love to lose a big 100 pounds, but I'll take what I can get. I walk daily - if anyone wants to add me as a friend, I'd love it!
  • misscrish
    misscrish Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello folks! I'm not quite 50 yet but I turn 49 Nov18 so I think its a good idea to check out what the 50 group is talking about since I'm closer to 50 than 45. Lol! I've got 125lbs to lose. I'm sure I'll be squarely 50 by then. I've been on MFP for 5 days. I've lost 8lbs so far. I've got to do this! My life, my health, and my career depends on it. I' m a Singer/ Songwriter and I'm working on my first album. Crazy I know. But I've gotta do this. This is the moment I've been waiting for forever! Everyone keeps telling me its never too late to follow your dreams. I dream of being a successful trim singer. Able to provide for my family adequately.
  • KBD62
    KBD62 Posts: 3
    Options
    Im 52... I just found out about MFP last night as I got a "Fitbit" and read that this site helps with calculating your food... and uploads to fitbit. (Not quite sure how this works... but going to try to input "breakfast" in a few minutes. I am just finishing 21 day Fix. have lost 4 lbs so far... and have about 4 more days to go. Goal is to lose 10 lbs and firm up... and feel better/ stronger and have more energy. Anyone who has been doing MFP and has any tips or ideas on how you input your food for the day...I am happy to hear... seems a bit overwhelming. Or do I just input 1400 calories bc I am on 21 day fix and that is already portioned out? vs each individual item I eat? THX
  • elissalasserre
    elissalasserre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I completed my first week of MFP. I'm 56, perimenopausal, high BP (on meds), too much weight in abdominal area ( I feel like a tick) and sick and tired of feeling sick and tired! I started Bikram Yoga and realized how unhealthy I am. I'm on a mission
  • needhealth
    Options
    Approaching the big 60 so started back today. I could use a buddy through this journey.
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Avalia63 wrote: »
    I am 51 and I am on a weight loss/fitness journey also. I like using the map my fitness app to trace my walks and exercise. I have lost 7 pounds over the last 2 weeks and looking forward to loosing 5 more. It doesn't just melt off like when I was younger. I have been exercising since June but just now adjusted my eating. I worked like magic. It would be really fantastic to have a summer being normal weight instead of over weight!

You sound just like me. I am 52 and this time last year I tracked my food and lost weight all while working out but when I stopped and went back to eating whatever I gained most of it back. I am still working out but realize at this age that it's the calories that count so I am going to start tracking on MFP again and add an extra day at the gym. I too only have about 15 lbs to lose.
  • mcwriter27
    mcwriter27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I completed my first week of MFP. I'm 56, perimenopausal, high BP (on meds), too much weight in abdominal area ( I feel like a tick) and sick and tired of feeling sick and tired! I started Bikram Yoga and realized how unhealthy I am. I'm on a mission

• mcwriter27
    mcwriter27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great description "like a tick"! My brother in law says that after a big meal..."I'm as full as a tick"...but he's not overweight. I reached my 60th birthday on 2/27 and my 92 year old father died the same day. I want to live to his age but not in an unhealthy body. Now is the time! I'm joining your mission if you don't mind!
  • heidicoronado
    heidicoronado Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    56 yrs old..Need to lose about 60lbs!

twinsy's - that's me too!

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 years old. I am 5'3" and need to lose 30-40 pounds. I've done FP before and have been successful. Aging, menopause and depression meds have led me to this point. Here I go again! :)
  • lpeterson1993
    lpeterson1993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and about 5'2" and I want to lose 35-40 pounds. I've been on MFP before don't seem to stick with it for long but would really like to lose the weight and keep it off. I've lost the same 20-30 pounds several times so now it's time to do it and stick to it.
  • eydiemarie62
    eydiemarie62 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and over this next year I would like to loose almost half of me! I'm 5 foot 6 inches tall. I've struggled with body image most of my adult life. I went from too skinny (103#) to heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant with my last child 11 years ago! I finally have healed the inner me so it's time to heal the outer me also!
  • kkuberry
    kkuberry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting with FP - have been using a different app for the past week and was having issues so trying this one :) seems better already hoping to lose 40 before my 51st b-day (dec) down 3 already in 10days so here's to me :D
  • eve828
    eve828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I was 52 this week !! and am careful about diet and exercise.....I feel this app will help me keep a closer eye on calories and fat content :)
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    kkuberry wrote: »
    Just starting with FP - have been using a different app for the past week and was having issues so trying this one :) seems better already hoping to lose 40 before my 51st b-day (dec) down 3 already in 10days so here's to me :D

You will love it. I tried Loseit at one point and switched back to to MFP. The reports are much better that you can print out and you can customize you're eating times on here as well.

• hollihankins
    Options
    Hi! 56 and have been posting for 10 days now. love it. Knowing one's food intake and calories is definitely the KEY to lasting weight loss results. there was a time when I was teaching 3 aerobic classes a day and still gaining weight! I have fought writing it down all my life but no more. I will conquer my issues with food and live a healthy life! I would love having like minded people who, like me, are tired of excuses and ready to do this!! P.S. I don't even know how to add anyone! What do the flag and quote thingy do?
  • hollihankins
    Options
    I'm 52 and over this next year I would like to loose almost half of me! I'm 5 foot 6 inches tall. I've struggled with body image most of my adult life. I went from too skinny (103#) to heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant with my last child 11 years ago! I finally have healed the inner me so it's time to heal the outer me also!

You can do it!
  • hollihankins
    Options
    kkuberry wrote: »

(y)
  • hollihankins
    Options
    B)
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just turned 50 last month. So in honor of that milestone, I'm setting a goal to lose 25 pounds by October. Slow and steady for me because I enjoy cooking and wine tasting - both of which are not great for losing weight! I did pretty well in January, lost about 6 pounds, but then Valentine's Day and my birthday...well, let's just say I slipped a little. But now I'm back down to where I was thanks to 2 weeks of consistent MFP logging and exercising 5 days/week.
    -
    I'm still feeling very motivated and reading your posts helps a lot.

FWIW, my reward for reaching my goal? I'm going to get my neck/double chin fixed. Yes, my first jump into the wonders of cosmetic procedures. My sister got a great job working for a plastic surgeon so it is more affordable. I've been wanting to do something about this problem area since my 30s. I think I've earned it. :)

Good luck to everyone on this thread. We can do this!