Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    What time is it tonight?
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks the Spurs are boring is stuck in 2003. Or 2005. Or 2007. THOSE teams were defense first, slow it down basketball and were a little boring to watch. The current version is anything BUT boring and if someone doesn't know that, it simply means they haven't watched the Spurs play this year.

This series will come down to (A) assist/turnover ratio, (B) fouls and (C) Kawhi Leonard.

(A) The Heat have better players top-to-bottom, but the Spurs work better as a team. If the Spurs protect the ball and pass well, the Heat will have trouble keeping them from scoring.
    (B) Foul trouble on Duncan would be very bad as he is the lone low post threat the Spurs have, Diaw and Splitter are nice players but don't draw defensive attention. Foul trouble on Parker would be very bad as he runs the show and has the speed to get into the middle and cause problems. And found trouble on Kawhi would be extremely bad as he is the only guy on the roster with the speed and length to try to slow down LeBron.
    (C) See above. Kawhi Leonard is big time in this series.

It comes down to those three things. I think ultimately it will go seven and it's anyone's game. I'm a Spurs fan so I'll choose SA in 7 but nothing would surprise me (other than a 4 or 5 game series).
  • TonyMJ84
    TonyMJ84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Spurs in 6!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    1/0 go spurs go .
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I think it is going to go 7 games. Or at least I hope it does.

But I think Miami will win.

Nail Biting just thinking about possible 7.. :drinker:
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I hope every game is as good as the one was tonight.

The refs let them play..weren't calling chump fouls all the time, and the turnovers were very low (except in the 4th quarter).

I thought it was a great game all the way around.
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    It sure was a good game.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good game for San An-toe! And I gotta applaud that gif of Wade mega-flopping! Gotta love the fanboys that are gonna try n act like he doesn't do ish like that, haha
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Well Spurs WIN 1-0. Im sure ALOT of people thought Heat was going to win it @ home...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Most likely the Heat will win game 2. But if the Spurs keep up like game 1, then whoever wins game 5 will win the whole series.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I want both teams to lose... somehow. Heat cuz of the reasons you gave... kinda weak when a alleged G.O.A.T. has to leave his original team & join an already loaded team just to get his title. #He'llneverbeMichael And I've just never been able to like the Spurs... Manu carries all the time & doesn't get called and is one of the worst offenders of flopping all-time! It ruins the game. Tim was once great but getting a little overrated now that you have to rest him 1/2 the time. And Pop is an all-out jerk.

Spurs the only team that play like a team??? I'm guessing you only watch the Spurs. Have you watched any Pacers, Nuggets, Warriors games? Great team play!
  • nonstopper
    Options
    Yes Spurs play like a team. Im sure most of the people in here like myself watch other NBA teams. I see plenty of unsportsmanship. Lebron has been better but there are a bunch of teams that dont play friendly. Spurs are not bought, they are built and are smart at how they play. Every team is of course different. But Spurs are unique.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    when does football start?

Preseason: August... Regular Season: September

this.

i don't care about a sport that is best-of-seven.

you are not a real sports fan. you probably have two or more favorite teams per sport and watch 1 or 2 games a year.

as for heat/spurs....first and foremost i want a game 7. right now im slightly pulling for the Heat at the start of the series but that definitely could change.

Hha! There you go again Laces. You Riot Starter
  • nonstopper
    Options
    GAME 2 tomorrow!!

GO SPURS GO!
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OMG, did you guys see that block?!?! That was epic! The epitome of "all ball"
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    OMG, did you guys see that block?!?! That was epic! The epitome of "all ball"

Seriously, most would not even try going up for that, just to avoid being dunked on. Guess that why he is the MVP.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Splitter lost hold of the ball on the way to the rim. But still, that was a great play.
  • nonstopper
    Options
    GAME 3

TO-NIIIIIIIIIIIGHHT!!
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    2-1 Go Spurs GO :drinker: if you live in san Antonio cheers ** Raise your CIBOLO MOUNTAIN FREE COFFEE.....
  • nonstopper
    Options
    DayUm!!! Spurs wooped some *kitten*!! 36 point game !!

Where ya at Spurs haters haha