Workout plan...I'm looking

Options
my first time using this app and I really need help staying on target, dropping a few pounds and tone. If anyone has good at home work out plans...I'm looking. Have a wedding in September and I'm the bride :). Need to look and feel the best. Any great workout and diet tips ... PLZ share ;)

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You don't diet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Use this app properly, stick to your deficit, weigh all your food on a food scale, move a little more, strength/resistance train to save lean muscle.
  • crys96tal
    Options
    Insanity is a FANTASTIC work out! I highly recommend it. Congrats on your wedding :smiley:
  • justme2b
    justme2b Posts: 9
    Options
    Okay sounds good...thanks
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Definitely, don't think of it as a diet. Just change up your eating habits. A change here and a change there. What kind of exercise plans are you looking for or are you able to do?
  • justme2b
    Options
    @crys96tal‌ okay...I think my friend has that. I'll try it. Is it like p90x??? And thank you
  • justme2b
    Options
    @Wraiythe‌ & @myheartsabattleground‌ your guys are right about the diet.... And @Wraiythe‌ I'm looking for simple at home workout. Maybe 15-30 min work out. And to tone up. Is there a good work from home that doesn't require you to go to the gym? Like I use my stairs. I've done p90x and that didn't go well.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Try body weight exercises like squats, lunges, planks, pushups, bicycles, windshield wipers, flutter kicks, burpees, and mountain climbers. Those exercises will definitely help you tone up, especially if you are going up and down on the stairs for cardio.
  • justme2b
    Options
    @debubbie‌ awesome!!! Thank you!! Will do. How many reps would be good? 15? To much? But thanks
  • crys96tal
    Options
    @justme2b‌ no its a lot more intense but the 25-35 minute long work outs are well spent. If you really push yourself you'll find yourself sitting in a pool of your own sweat! I know it sounds gross, but you feel really satisfied with yourself. I would take it up slowly as a beginner because if you push yourself too hard you tend to feel really ill. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • justme2b
    Options
    @crys96tal‌ yes. P90x I ended up have chest pains that landed me in the hospital. Sooo baby steps will do lol. Okay. I'll try it. Thank you.
  • joeykay818
    joeykay818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't praise it enough, Daily Burn. Go to dailyburn.com and sign up for a free 30 day trial. They have programs with different levels of intensity and time, a personal on-line trainer if you want to pay more, (12$ a month after 30 days for regular) and nutrition guides. I have lost 23lbs and gained so much muscle and stamina. They rely on basics we hate but work, balance, core, squats, lunges, planks...killer. If you need to start slow there is a beginner program with Justin. 30 mins or so, slow, you can kick it up if you want, 4 weeks, but all the basics and cardio. What is really nice is you can pick one of their programs, or you can explore all the programs and pick and choose the ones you like. And unlike a DVD they continue to add and there is a variety of choice. And you can drop it whenever you like. Dance, cardio, weights, yoga, its there. One word of advice if you do try it skip Tabata, Black Fire, and Metcon, they are closer to PX90 until you have worked up to that level. And Daily Burn will stream through any of you devices. So there is no excuse when you visit Aunt Betty not to work out! Sorry, I love this program.