Advocare

Options
Was thinking of doing the 24 day challenge for the cleanse and just because it sounds relatively fun. Some friends have had great success stories. Anyone of you guys have tried it?

Replies

• kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have done it a few times. There are 2 phases. I always get though the first phase just fine, even feel great. The second phase always makes me feel very very ill. I am not sure why but it might be due to the bazillion pills you have to take. I have a few other friends that feel the same way.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself and paying lots of money for it sounds like fun? Enjoy!
  • hkied
    hkied Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    the first time I did it I lost 20lbs. But it was a lot to remember for the second phase. Since it is expensive I kinda do the same thing minus all the pills I kept the fiber and spark drink and eat what you should just as a way of life. it works out good.no starving!!!!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It's unhealthy. Many people have had horror stories. Save your money. Cod some research and you won't have a hard time finding the nutrition community begging people not to do it.
  • AMoore33
    AMoore33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've personally had great success with the 24 Day Challenge. I lost more inches than pounds and kept those inches off. Its a great kick-start to healthy living...not fad dieting. Contrary to some of the posts made thus far, you don't starve at all. You eat lean proteins, carbs, vegetables, etc.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It is a fad diet, it's a waste of money, it's not healthy, and it's not necessary for anyone ever. Eat at a calorie deficit, and the weight will come off.

If you're just dying to flush some money down the toilet, please send it my way. I'd put it to much better use.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I actually know a fellow teacher (who is an outstanding, award-winning one) who is leaving an almost 20-year career to become an Advocare consultant (not sure what they call them). I cannot believe it. smh
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I actually know a fellow teacher (who is an outstanding, award-winning one) who is leaving an almost 20-year career to become an Advocare consultant (not sure what they call them). I cannot believe it. smh

That is really unfortunate. She/he is going to regret that decision!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    NO!!
  • Maria_Everett
    Options
    I had great succes with it advocare. I lost 17 pound and some more after I finished cleanse. This was great jump start for me and it actually thought me how to eat healthy. You are not starving at all. I eat 3 meals plus 2 sometimes 3 snack. It helped my metabolism and portion control. i had energy to go to the gym and start running. I think it's ok to have different opinions and if it doesn't work for someone it doent mean it won't for everyone. It's defenetely working for me and I love it. Jenny if you would like to hear more about my journey message me I feel like I might get some negative comments here lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    eat a VLCD and send me your money

same results .. I promise
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I had great succes with it advocare. I lost 17 pound and some more after I finished cleanse. This was great jump start for me and it actually thought me how to eat healthy. You are not starving at all. I eat 3 meals plus 2 sometimes 3 snack. It helped my metabolism and portion control. i had energy to go to the gym and start running. I think it's ok to have different opinions and if it doesn't work for someone it doent mean it won't for everyone. It's defenetely working for me and I love it. Jenny if you would like to hear more about my journey message me I feel like I might get some negative comments here lol

17 lbs eh? and how did that work for you long term, I see your ticker says you've lost 10lbs

cleanses are bollox and have been heavily debunked

this does sound like an ad, you don't sell the stuff do you? - caveat emptor!
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

That's... unfortunate :neutral_face:
  • Ellaskat
    Options
    It is a fad diet, it's a waste of money, it's not healthy, and it's not necessary for anyone ever. Eat at a calorie deficit, and the weight will come off.

If you're just dying to flush some money down the toilet, please send it my way. I'd put it to much better use.

This. It is also potentially dangerous- many people- including my sister- have had scary experiences. Why won't people just dedicate themselves to counting calories??????? Aaaahhhhh. Advocare makes we want to scream it makes me so angry.

• Ellaskat
    Options
    AMoore33 wrote: »
    I've personally had great success with the 24 Day Challenge. I lost more inches than pounds and kept those inches off. Its a great kick-start to healthy living...not fad dieting. Contrary to some of the posts made thus far, you don't starve at all. You eat lean proteins, carbs, vegetables, etc.
    No you don't starve, you just end up in the ER.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Seriously???
    kq3vwn3ceouf.jpeg
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You don't starve. I will not do it again because of 1. $$$ 2. All the pills!. I do like the spark though. I do not drink coffees or sodas or teas because I like having my 1 spark a day. I'm sure one day I'll give it up though.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    No, no, no. Your body "cleanses" itself all by itself. All you need to do to lose weight is create a calorie deficit. You do this by eating less calories, or burning more calories through exercise, or a combination of them both.

For nutrition, make sure you get your fruits and veggies, and protein and some healthy fats.

That's it. Don't spend your money on some junk quack potions. You can get everything you need with real food.
  • Maria_Everett
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

17 lbs eh? and how did that work for you long term, I see your ticker says you've lost 10lbs

cleanses are bollox and have been heavily debunked

this does sound like an ad, you don't sell the stuff do you? - caveat emptor!
    You can believe it if u want or not I'm really not here to convince anyone. My ticker says 10 pounds bc it's connected with my fitbit which I got after I finished 24 day challenge.
  • GodlessHeathen
    GodlessHeathen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    waste of money