Please help..look at my food diary....

Hi all, I was hoping that I can get some advise. I am 51 years old and in March 2013 I quit smoking after 30 years. I have been skinny my entire life and never had to exercise (for weight purposes). When I quit smoking I weight 112 pounds. I knew I may gain weight from quitting because of snacking so I began watching what I ate and ate salads for lunch EVERY day, sensible dinner, if I did snack it would be nuts, fruit, etc.

I also began running 2 times a week and also joined exercise class where I do kettlebell and weight training doing squats, lunges.

My issue is I've gained 6lbs and also gained inches. I cannot fit into my jeans anymore my thighs got huge. I didn't measure them but I know this because I can't get my pants up on my thighs. I do have cellulite on my thighs that I've had for years because I sit on my job 6 hours a day.

Is it my diet not being clean enough to burn fat? Or is it my exercise routine????

Please help..... thank you.

Replies

• Looking at your post, it seems that you gained...muscles.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Looking at your post, it seems that you gained...muscles.
    Hmm, that does seem plausible after looking at it again. No exercise before, but a thin frame. Exercising now, and those exercises mentioned are very thigh-heavy (running, squats, lunges). It may not have to do with eating after quitting smoking, especially since it looks like you consistently log your calories.
  • My thighs are not defined whatsoever. They look the same as before I started working out except they are a lot, and I mean a lot bigger. The cellulite is still there, they are not as flabby, but they are huge. It's almost like someone blew them up on the inside.

I don't know what I'm going to do since I just started exercising since March and I got this big. Maybe quit the gym and just run 2 days a week???? I want thinner thighs - not thicker! All the articles I read say that squats will NOT make your thighs big, but mine they do!!:angry:
  • Looking at your post, it seems that you gained...muscles.
    Hmm, that does seem plausible after looking at it again. No exercise before, but a thin frame. Exercising now, and those exercises mentioned are very thigh-heavy (running, squats, lunges). It may not have to do with eating after quitting smoking, especially since it looks like you consistently log your calories.

Do you think I should cut back on the leg exercises? Kettlebell, weight training, squats? But I don't use heavy weights either. Funny how the other woman in the class are not having this issue.... they all go to the same classes I go to....