Just about to start T25!!!!

Options
Hi all!

I was on MFP in summer 2013. I managed to achieve my weight loss of 5kg (down to 60kg) in a month by eating well and walking lots. Since then I've had a baby and quit work. My focus was eating as much was needed to feed my baby, and now that has passed I've found I've put on 10 kg. Being at home with my little girl is amazing but apart from housework I don't get any exercise so don't know how to lose the weight. I discovered T25 and have taken all my measurements, the DVD is ready to play, I just need to start! I've never really exercised and so am anxious about how tough this is going to be. My goal is to get back to 60kg within 2 months by my daughters 1st birthday. Would love some support along the way and to meet any others who are doing T25!

Replies

• balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting after a long lay off with injury today too...been a serious exerciser in the past. Not done T25 but dabbled with Insanity - Shaun T is great :-)
  • ManjKA
    ManjKA Posts: 35
    Options
    My sister did insanity and it looked like torture!! Looking forward to seeing results! Hope your first day back in the game goes well!
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yay! You will love the results! Don't stress yourself if you are using the modifications a lot - I was too to start out (in fact even a little towards the end of Alpha) and got brilliant results!

I'm just into my second week of Beta now. Stick with it, it's exciting to see your body change x
  • jaelia
    jaelia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25 at the moment and can't recommend it highly enough. I'm in the first week of beta and it can be tough to get through at first if you don't exercise much but it's worth it for the results. If you focus on getting a bit better each time and doing more than you could before then you will be set. Good luck :).
  • ManjKA
    Options
    Thanks and thanks !! When did you start to see results?? 10 weeks seems a long time away!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm going into week 6 of insanity. I absolutely love Shaun t as a fitness instructor. I really started noticing a difference after about 3 weeks in endurance and overall physical appearance.
  • ManjKA
    Options
    Good work! Sounds like it's going really well for you and I take my hat off to anyone doing Insanity!! Here's hoping I notice something in a few weeks too : )
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I could "see" on each Stat Day Saturday that I was losing inches but honestly I didn't see it in myself until I took my progress pics at end of Alpha and I was so shocked how different I looked!

I agree it's tough to keep going at first but once you are seeing the results that motivation goes up and also it does become routine/habit after a while thank god! X
  • patricialporte
    Options
    I am going to place my order for T25 today. My brother n law was just talking about this over the weekend. Let me know your progress.
  • ManjKA
    Options
    I didn't bother taking pics, sounds like maybe I should tho.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25 for the second time right now. I don't remember my results last time, it was over a year ago. But I loved it enough to do it again. I just did my first day of Beta and took measurements yesterday. I lost 1.6 lbs during Alpha and 1.25 inches. My starting weight was 149 and I'm 5'5 so that probably has a lot to do with why I didn't lose much. I'm also not following the nutrition plan, just doing the workouts everyday.
  • ManjKA
    Options
    Patricia I only just started on Monday so not sure if I'm losing anything. For someone who has never exercised before it's not actually too bad, and with the eating plan I'm definitely feeling better already!
  • ManjKA
    Options
    It's good to know you can get results without following the diet plan because I don't think I'll be able to stick strictly to it all the time. And even tho it was a small loss, it's all relative and you still worked for it well done!! Good luck with it second time around!
  • pm_me_your_toast
    pm_me_your_toast Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity, but I'd like to try t25 for days when I am really strapped for time.
  • ManjKA
    Options
    Laura how did you log your workouts? I can't seem to find any on here, or how to workout how many calories I burnt
  • ManjKA
    Options
    Pm how long does insanity take? T25 is a good short burst but still gets you working all over
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I am doing T25 as well. Just started the 2nd week of Alpha. I have done Insanity in the past, and I think T25 is a little easier on the joints. There is definitely not as much jumping involved. Also, Shawn T has a modifier (Tanya) in all the videos in T25. Its nice to switch between Shawn and Tanya when I am feeling out of it. Good luck!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    ManjKA wrote: »
    Laura how did you log your workouts? I can't seem to find any on here, or how to workout how many calories I burnt

I have a HRM so I just create new workouts for each different one.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    ManjKA wrote: »
    Pm how long does insanity take? T25 is a good short burst but still gets you working all over

It's a 63 day challenge. The first month are about 40-45 minutes long. The second month are all around an hour. I am on my third day of the second month, and these are whipping me into shape so fast.
  • tristalpistol
    tristalpistol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on my second week of t25. Decided to start logging food today, to keep myself accountable. I am not eating the meal plan. Would love to find some workout buddies!!