Insanity Max30 Nutrition

Hi everyone!
I am a 5'5'', 128 pound girl.
I am currently doing Insanity Max 30 and I'm supplementing it with Chalean Extreme three times a week, which amounts to working out 6 times a week. However, my results have not been as great as I expected since I am looking for a more tonned body and to lose some body fat.
I eat very healthy meals and also use whey protein (about a scoop a day), eating around 1500 calories a day. I am also a cook, working 10h a day, 6 days a week.

My question is, am I eating enough for all the activities that I do? And if this might be the cause my lack of results?

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    You may need to make a change to your calorie goal. Are you losing inches when you take measurements? Are you getting stronger? Are you gaining more endurance? If your job is very active, then you may very well need to eat more. Try bumping it up or down to see if you start making progress.

What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.