Insanity Max30 Nutrition

Options
Hi everyone!
I am a 5'5'', 128 pound girl.
I am currently doing Insanity Max 30 and I'm supplementing it with Chalean Extreme three times a week, which amounts to working out 6 times a week. However, my results have not been as great as I expected since I am looking for a more tonned body and to lose some body fat.
I eat very healthy meals and also use whey protein (about a scoop a day), eating around 1500 calories a day. I am also a cook, working 10h a day, 6 days a week.

My question is, am I eating enough for all the activities that I do? And if this might be the cause my lack of results?

Replies

• lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been doing insanity and seem to be sort of stuck and wanting to get leaner too - From everything I've been reading, you may be a little low on calories but the main thing to focus on is that you are getting the right kind of calories - especially given that you work out so hard and aren't a sedentary person. To get lean you need to eat lean and provide the nutrients for those toned muscles to show up. There are a TON of different calculations for what percent of your calories should be protien/fat/carbs depending on what results you want. I just started changing mine up a bit and focusing on eating 4 meals a day and making sure that they include lean protein which is shown to help build muscle and also help you recover from your work outs. I'm not an expert, I'm sure someone with more experience could tell you something a little more accurate & in detail about what you may need to do!
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    From my experience the DVD programs are good for cardio, I did them for 6 months or so straight several a day and running blah blah. It wasn't until I started lifting heavy that the fat started to melt. Maybe try lifting heavy and lay off the cardio for a while. The building of muscle will take away the space for the fat. I am guessing at 128 you are pretty lean already. Just need to build the muscles. my .02