Anyone else have unexplained gains?

Options
so, weighed in this morning, and I'm up 1.5lbs :( generally I've had a great week. I've worked out 4 times, and I stayed under my calorie goal everyday. I did have a bottle of wine on Saturday evening at a get together, but I tracked it and planned to drink that night. I worked out to fit the extra calories from the wine in. There was food everywhere at the get together and I didn't binge (first time ever, I've been able to drink and not pig out!) so it's pretty frustrating to gain. Could it be the alcohol? Ughhh off to the gym this morning again...

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    it could be any number of things. usually sodium will cause a temporary gain. if ur close to 'that time' it could cause weight to fluctuate. i know after the weekend im usually up a pound and it will leave by tuesday or wednesday. did u drink way less water? i find weekends i dont get nearly the recommended amount and that causes water retention. theres some many things that can cause a temporary gain. try again in a day or two and u may notice its already gone
  • HannahsMother2012
    HannahsMother2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It may be the sodium actually. Hubby cooked delicious steaks last night but he tends to go over board in the salt. As for TOM, I have no clue lol. I'm 8 weeks postpartum and I'm not sure about my cycle at this point!