What's for dinner when sick?

Options
Needing ideas that is light on the stomach. My boyfriend and I are sick and know we need to eat. Planning for dinner. We are having chicken soup for lunch. Thank you all for help.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Anything that sounds appetizing.

I can't give advice because when I'm sick I eat like pure trash.... Zingers, Oreo's, anything sweet.... it literally makes no sense at all.
  • troutrouter
    Options
    I usually eat soup when I'm sick. It's quick and easy.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup is always my go to also...if you can do homemade, adding extra veggies is a good option.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I normally eat toast or something bland like a jacket potato when I am sick if I don't fancy anything. If I've missed out on eating for a few days though, and I take a sudden fancy to a packet of biscuits and ice cream, best believe I'm eating that rather than forcing myself to eat something else I don't want.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    grill cheese sandwich and soup, unless the dairy might set you off worse
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Soup with broth and veggies, scrambled eggs with plain toast and hot tea. For me personally if my stomach can handle it I add spice like chili, onion and garlic powder to my eggs. Frozen fruit and greek yogurt in a blender if you can handle dairy is a good item to sip on throughout the day.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If it's a stomach bug they recommend the BRAT diet -- bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. I also tend to toss in sugar free jello.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I would go with soup, but if you're having that for lunch and don't want a repeat, I would think anything you can stomach... grilled cheese, toast, crackers etc...
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest seeing how lunch goes (or stays) before making too many plans for dinner. If it works, a different soup, or more of the same, if it doesn't work, try a simpler plain broth.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I love going to Panera for soup in a bread bowl, but that's typically when I just have a cold. Depends what kind of sick, and what you're hungry for.

If your stomach is upset, try the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). They're all supposed to be easy on the stomach. They're bland foods, and low fiber if your having indigestion as well.