Tae Bo question

krissybohaczyk
krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone! I have a question about calories burned while doing Tae Bo. I've used two different calculators including the one on MFP and they both say for 45 mins based on my weight that I would burn 644 calories! That number seemed so high I wanted to double check with others to see if that was possible to burn that much doing Tae Bo. If so, that's great, but I didn't want to put it in without getting a few other opinions. Any info would be appreciated!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Tae Bo burns a LOT of calories. As long as you are working hard, I don't see where that number is wrong. Both calculators have generated at least 300 calories burned for me for only 20 mins of Tae Bo.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Hey!

I've found the same thing. I've just started doing Billy Blanks DVDs and it says that for 25 mins I would burn more than doing 1 of my 30 Day Shred workouts - which I think are harder work than the Tae Bo?!

I'm interested in the answers for this question as I don't like to count all of those extra cals burned if I haven't really burnt them all haha.
    -x-x-
  • Wow, I used to do the billy blanks tae bo dvd, then I got really into the gym instead, but a 45 min gym session only burns about 400 calories (i don't count calories from toning equipment) might have to get back into the tae bo!
This discussion has been closed.