Important article to read for health

Options

Replies

• eveedance
    eveedance Posts: 77
    Options
    There are lots of "debunkers" on the forum, which is good. I like to collect competing evidence/commentaries as well, so if you could please post those with links to the articles that would be great thanks!
  • sarankasukumar125
    sarankasukumar125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Rani fancy dank
  • eveedance
    eveedance Posts: 77
    Options
    Rani fancy dank

wut
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A diet of grain-free whole foods with carbohydrate from cellular tubers, leaves, and fruits may produce a gastrointestinal microbiota consistent with our evolutionary condition, potentially explaining the exceptional macronutrient-independent metabolic health of non-Westernized populations, and the apparent efficacy of the modern “Paleolithic” diet on satiety and metabolism.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I just skimmed as I don't have time to dive in right now. I gotta ask..was there a study? I didn't see one.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    A diet of grain-free whole foods with carbohydrate from cellular tubers, leaves, and fruits may produce a gastrointestinal microbiota consistent with our evolutionary condition, potentially explaining the exceptional macronutrient-independent metabolic health of non-Westernized populations, and the apparent efficacy of the modern “Paleolithic” diet on satiety and metabolism.

Non-Westernized diets like Japanese and Mediterranean?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I just skimmed as I don't have time to dive in right now. I gotta ask..was there a study? I didn't see one.

Nope. It's a review paper.

ah, I figured.

So a review paper with a "May Cause" conclusion...

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean is western of course.
    He studies the people of Kitava, an island of Papua New Guinea.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It's from 2012. Has his "proposal" actually gone anywhere?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Oh, and LOLOLOLOL at his conclusion. There are, apparently, no overweight/obese people that he looked at. And I wonder how abundant their food sources are and what their activity levels are.