Improving

Options
Finally been able to do 3 chin ups for the first time. My upper body has always been less strong than my lower body, most likely due to doing 3 leg days a week. I don't like focusing my upper body due to the fact that it gets a pretty good workout from legs.

Anyway, i'm pretty new to the community but have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to fitness and nutrition. If anyone has any questions on improving leg strength i'm your man! :D

Replies

• Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I hear you, from my legs up to my abs a have no problem building strength but my chest shoulders and arms are a challenge. Haven't done a real pull-up since middle school.
  • Dopsonr
    Dopsonr Posts: 8
    Options
    It will only come with time, if you consistently work your back at least once a week you'll be able to get it no problem!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    3 chins, that's awesome! How many full pull ups can you do? Funny how once you get the first it's easier to pound on them until that rep number comes up.

Chins seem to come easy, but it's killing me to break 6 full pull ups.
  • Dopsonr
    Options
    I haven't tried tackling a pull up yet haha. I'll probably give it a shot tomorrow when I hit back.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    do some negatives, don't be afraid of the band, or the bb style pull up. neutral grip also feels a lot better these days, so you might want to experiment with that too.
  • Dopsonr
    Options
    Negatives is what got me to chin ups! It helps so much!