Inconsistent poster needs support!

Options
Hello there.
My title says it all. I have been inconsistent in my logging, posting, and weight loss. I never gain a lot back, but tend to lose focus and remain stagnant. I am 5'4 and 141 pounds. I am trying to get back on track to meet my goals. Ideally, I would like to weigh about 125-130. However, I am more concerned with how I look and feel.
One way I find that works for me is to have a FITNESS goal, in addition to making more appropriate food choices (naturally). I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon in September. This leaves me more then enough time for training, but will also keep me in check to not allow for not exercising! I have previously run 10K's and will continue to do so in my training.
I also gave up alcohol during the week. I have always been one of those women who reach for the wine bottle after a tough day. Now... I have embraced tea.
I am a working mom of two little boys. Time is my biggest obstacle. I have to find babysitting to allow for the exercise and training time that I will require. In fact, I am interviewing one later today.
Anyhoot, just thought I would write down my goals. Feel free to add me as a friend as I could use some more motivation to post! Also, respond with any words of wisdom :smile:

Thanks!

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Logging can be a chore but it is so necessary to stay on track. Congrats on signing up for the marathon what a wonderful way to set a goal for yourself! I have 4 children all grown now but I can tell you that the lesson you will teach your boys by eating healthy and staying fit is more valuable than anything you will teach them. Let me know how I can help to support you in this journey.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your response and words of encouragement. I will add you!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't have to tell you that MFP doesn't work unless you are consistent. Pre-logging and sticking to what you logged is a good idea for busy people. You are committing to that food and you know if you don't stick to it you'll more than likely fail. I pre-log a day before EVERY DAY and stick to that plan then I know I'm at the calorie level I need to be at.

Seriously, it take 28 days to create a habit. Do it for that long, it will become second nature and you'll feel weird NOT logging.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't have to tell you that MFP doesn't work unless you are consistent. Pre-logging and sticking to what you logged is a good idea for busy people. You are committing to that food and you know if you don't stick to it you'll more than likely fail. I pre-log a day before EVERY DAY and stick to that plan then I know I'm at the calorie level I need to be at.

Seriously, it take 28 days to create a habit. Do it for that long, it will become second nature and you'll feel weird NOT logging.

Thank you! Consider yourself added!