Paleo Caveman Diet - 15% weight loss goal

spypet
spypet Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All; when the 5'10" was 40 (male) I lost 30 pounds from 210 to 180 doing South Beach Diet.

now at 50 I'm doing Paleo to reset my digestion and quickly lose the weight. then I plan to transition over to full Vegan hopefully by year end as it's more sustainable for the planet. I'm pretty disciplined and will increase my activity level as the weather remains above freezing when I can bike & hike more. I will also learn some new cooking and baking techniques to ensure I can keep my diet on track as I prepare most of my own meals (brown bag at work). snacks will be my biggest challenge as I have not been much of a raw fruit eater, and will have to - to pull this diet off. baking while using non grain flours and oils will also be an expensive challenge. I'm keeping my diet and activity journal private for now, but will share anything constructive I learn along the way here on this forum thread and the blog function.

http://www.amazon.com//dp/1118404157 <= I'm following the diet from this book

https://www.reddit.com/r/paleo <= a good place to discuss Paleo issues with others

on Sunday March 1st; I purged my fridge and cupboard or all not Paleo allowed items.
the hardest items to part with were my condiments - I will miss all that sugar and soy.

today Monday March 2nd is my first day skipping all the rice, beans, peanuts I loved,
as I'm going pure paleo - avoiding everything high glycemic and inflammatory as well.
once the weight's off and I transition to vegan, I'll go back to eating some of them again.

Tuesday March 3rd I go to Costco to stock up on various Coconut and Almond products

my only cheat will be 100% sucralose to sweeten >8 cups of brewed Ice tea I drink daily.
that's an old South Beach Diet solution I probably will never be able to break away from,
and yes - i've tried every other sweetener on the planet, and still refuse to give this up.

best of luck with your own diet and fitness journey.