Holy Cow! Donut hole calories!

Options
DKG28
DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
depending on brand/flavor, just learned there are between 50 and 100 calories in a SINGLE DONUT HOLE! Who eats just one or two? Jeez. No wonder...

Replies

• barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :'(
  • raspberryk
    raspberryk Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    None in the hole, but a whole load in the donut xx
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just have to sit back and eat an entire box, get it out of my system and move on
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The ones that I like from Tim Hortons have about 70 cals each. When I occasionally drive through for a treat and ask for coffee and 2 timbits (one for me, one to share with my son) they always ask "2 boxes?" and I have to say "no, just 2." I'm pretty sure they think I'm weird. I can't be trusted with an entire box.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have donuts at maximum once a week. on Sundays for 400 calories...and then I go for a walk and have soup for lunch...gotta do what you gotta do
  • nowweseeyou
    nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a doughnut in a while...man they are good though!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The ones I get are around 350 calories for six holes. Its easy for me to fit that into my goals.

Eating entire boxes of donuts for a single meal on a regular basis is what made me obese, not half a bag of holes.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    50-100 calories for a small piece of cake covered in sugar doesn't sound too bad.... and fitting 3-4 into a day doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

Shrug.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    slide_320784_3001058_free.gif
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    you are seriously underestimating the hole dude. Just say no
  • epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Although donut holes are delicious, that is part of why I just eat the whole (blueberry cake) donut. Less than 200 calories. :)
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Same goes for English delicacy 'toad in the hole' ... the toads are really low cal if you cut the croak out but the hole spoils everything!
  • raspberryk
    raspberryk Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Same goes for English delicacy 'toad in the hole' ... the toads are really low cal if you cut the croak out but the hole spoils everything!

:p
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    QHjr wrote: »

giphy.gif

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them, but wow. That it a lot of calories for what it is.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    considering a regular doughnut is around 250-350 calories- why are you at all surprised?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    QHjr wrote: »

giphy.gif

Ahah!

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Not that it is the same as a "real" doughnut but I bought a doughnut pan and bake my own. I mainly did it because my 2 year old loves donuts but the donuts I have made so far come in under 170 (most are more around 125).
  • tamadoo
    tamadoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options