Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
Hi! I was wondering if any one had any great meal replacement recipes to share. For a while I've been having chocolate whey protein powder with coconut milk and a frozen banana....but if I have it one more time I swear I'm gonna hurl! I just want something that taste less like a diet drink, ya know!? Thanks in advance for you help!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Using meal replacement shakes doesn't really teach you how to eat once you reach goal. Maybe try food instead with calorie control.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• BigFatDirtyMama
    Options
    Honestly, I just throw whatever sounds good each day into mine. We keep a variety of fruit and several flavors of protein powder in the house, so I just throw them together with milk or water based on what I feel like. Sometimes I add yogurt as well, to give it more of a smoothie consistency.

The only thing that I keep constant is the veggies. They always contain some combo of spinach, kale, and carrots because they are all pretty flavor neutral.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My two favorite protein shakes are GNC Lean 25, and Idealshape. I drink these 2 brands as a snack only and not to replace a meal.
  • graydawnm
    graydawnm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My current smoothie addiction (me no likely bananas):
    Breakfast = Vega One Vanilla Chai, 1 date, 1 cup coconut milk (So Delicious Unsweetened), 1/2 cup ice, 1 Tbsp raw almond butter = 365 cals.
    Sometimes I add extra vanilla and spice. Yum.
    Othertimes just the Vega One and coconut milk = 204 cals

another one I like is:
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple
    1 cup kale
    1 cup coconut milk (So Delicious Unsweetened)
    1 Tbsp raw almond butter
    About 256 cals

I find the almond butter provides a thickening replacement for the bananas which I find more tolerable.

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I like to add canned pump puree to my vanilla whey protein. Also Cinamon powder, frozen berries. PB2 brand peanut butter powder if you like peanut butter. Also spinach and a couple packets of splenda.