My weight loss journey before and after pics

Options

Replies

• lusciouslady413
    lusciouslady413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a healthier you to both...you guys look amazing.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    You both look great! Congrats :)
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You both look wonderful and both are great inspirations! Thank you so much for sharing!
    I don't know you guys, but I'm so proud of what you accomplished. :)
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    WOW great job
    Both of your are a good inspiration for others
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I couldn't figure out how to add my before and after pictures to my original post. Both pictures are of me and my husband.

Before_zps839f1511.jpg

After_zpsf91fc89f.jpg

You both look great and it must have been fun doing this together...unfortunately for me my bf does not need to lose weight but he has been so supportive of every lb i lose:)
  • Tymeria
    Tymeria Posts: 8
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! WOW!!!! That is EXCELLENT. How long did it take you two to get to where you are now, and what did you do to get there. Keep up the GREAT WORK you are doing to take care of your health :)

I have been working on losing weight in many different ways (atkins diet, vegetarian lifestyle, increased exercise, & calorie counting) for around 11-12 years. My weight has dropped in fits and spurts and I had periods of weight gain in between. My story is already in the Success Stories category under "My weight loss journey". I just recently got down to (below actually) my goal weight, using myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and exercise. It's really all about accountability.

My husband has tried in the past to lose weight without much success. About 14 months ago he decided to really put all his effort into losing weight via diet and exercise. He started off with a 1400 calories/day and regular exercise (more cardio than weight lifting). It took about 6 months to lose 20-25 lbs. So he visited his doctor to see if they could tell him why he was having such a hard time losing weight. The doctor referred him to the bariatric surgery department for a consultation. He didn't want to have surgery, so he asked them what the surgery would do to make him lose weight. Their response was that it would basically force him to only consume 700-800 calories/day. He said no to the surgery and instead reduced his calorie intake to 700-800 calories/day.
    We found several low calorie, high protein, low sugar bars, shakes, and snack bars. He says the trick is to drink lots of water when you are feeling hungry. A protein shake (we use Spirutein Unsweetened with unsweetened almond milk or flax milk, and your preferred no calorie sweetener) for breakfast, a Nugo Slim bar for a snack, a Quest Protein Bar (these are amazing! low sugar, great flavor, and with 20-21g protein) for lunch, then a real food dinner (200-250 calories). We are vegetarian so the dinner is usually some sort of vegetable medley with low calorie hommus and salsa. The biggest factor in choosing the food we eat is how much benefit are we getting out of the food. He is only 16 lbs away from his fat loss goal and has started to increase his calorie intake. He is up to 1000 cals/day. I couldn't be more proud of my husband! He has lost 178 in 14 months!

By the way, some of the main keys to our success are that we don't drink any alcohol, we severely limit the sugar in our diet, we don't eat meat or eggs, and we also severely limit the simple carbs in our diet.

Thank you all for your words of support! I love being an inspiration to others! And yes we feel great, though there are some side effects of losing so much weight. Our bodies aren't as good at regulating heat (we get cold very easy), we no longer have the cushioning around our bones (sitting/laying for prolonged periods or on hard surfaces is very uncomfortable), and of course if we crouch, kneel, or bend over and then stand up quickly all the blood rushes from our heads and we feel like we will pass out. So, if you make the decision to lose the weight, come up with a plan to accomplish your goals, then stick to the plan regardless of naysayers, you can lose weight and be healthier! Good luck all!
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    That is some MAJOR success. You guys are BOSSES!
  • ladanivita
    ladanivita Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You guys look fantastic! Congratulations!!!
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    wow.. both of you look amazing :) totally different persons.. congrats
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing difference - well done to you both.

Dropping to 800 calories a day must have taken real discipline so well done to your hubby.
  • xsflow
    xsflow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation.

Congrats to you both!

42079569.png
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You two looks so amazing! :) Congrats to both of you on your incredible weight loss. :)
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You really look like different people:) Congratulations
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow..you both look wonderful..wtg. What a wonderful thing that you were able to work together on your life changes; makes it a more powerful experience.
  • mowales
    mowales Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow !!! congratulations you both look Fab .
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Job well done to both of you:drinker: !
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats to you both!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    WOW, you guys are amazing, I love this. I also love your dress. Awesome job to you both.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing! It's so nice to see that couples can do this together.
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations on all your success!
    Laying out your pictures this way is very effective.
    This program works!
    You are the proof!
    Way to Go go go!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!