Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can't seem to ever stay under Sodium Goal?

I can never seem to stay under my sodium goal... Any suggestions or does it not contribute that much to weight loss?

Replies

• jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Join the crowd! I think it's the choice of more carb and calorie conscious food that's getting me. However 35 days in and the weight is coming off on schedule!
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Awesome! Good to know... Thank you
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    unless you've been medically advised to reduce sodium, dont worry about it. it may make you retain a bit of water if you go crazy with it, but instead focus on calories, because really, that's where the weight loss will come from.
  • csimrill
    csimrill Posts: 26 Member
    I was just looking at that. I just started tracking my calories and have been over my sodium quota everyday. Yikes! I have worked with a nutritionist in the past you told me to stay away from deli (processed meat), all frozen meals, canned soups because of the outrageous sodium. She did think it made a difference in weight loss. She wanted me to make my own sauces, salad dressings, etc. I didn't take it that far however.
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Thank you everyone! I did see salad dressings have a bunch of sodium... It's crazy how much.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    csimrill wrote: »
    I was just looking at that. I just started tracking my calories and have been over my sodium quota everyday. Yikes! I have worked with a nutritionist in the past you told me to stay away from deli (processed meat), all frozen meals, canned soups because of the outrageous sodium. She did think it made a difference in weight loss. She wanted me to make my own sauces, salad dressings, etc. I didn't take it that far however.

did your nutritionist say WHY they thought it would help, or cite any sources?
    why is deli meat "bad"?

im not trying to be abrasive, but sodium seems to catch a lot of unnecessary flack (much like sugar, and fat, and carbs, and gluten, and white things like potatoes and rice and bread, etc...)