Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back again and looking for more motivating friends :)

csparon
csparon Posts: 200 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

My name is Courtney and I have been a member of MyFitnessPal for probably around 4 years now. Short version of my story, I originally joined because I wanted to join the United States Navy. I accomplished my goal and was in the best shape of my life in 2012.

Come 2013 my mother passed away unexpectedly while I was on leave. Anyway, I got fat. I stopped running, I started smoking about 2-3 cigarette packs a day.

6 months later I passed all my fitness tests with flying colors. Then another whammy... one day when I was running I suddenly lost my breath, I couldn't breathe and I felt like my heart was exploding inside of me. I went to the ER and it turns out that I have chronic PVCs (34% of my heart beats are PVCs), tachycardia (my resting heart rate rarely gets above 42 bp), and the beginning phases of potential dilated cardiomyopathy (my heart valves are enlarged from the PVCs, which could in time result in a decreased function of my heart's pumping mechanism). Because of all this I have been deemed a potential risk, I can't PT anymore, and I am facing a medical evaluation board and they're going to determine whether or not I can stay in the Navy.

I would like to have some more MFP friends, I can encourage and give you tips that helped me in any of the three previous times I gained and lost weight. If you would like to be my friend and we can support each other send me a request :)

p.s. I quit smoking 6 months after my mom died.

-Courtney