Just A Tiny Thing...

Options
tal202
tal202 Posts: 34 Member
I have been feeling a bit frustrated today as I have been struggling to make any impact on my weight, and I have to admit it is mainly a vanity issue, rather than for my own well being. However, I just realised the difference that this site can make to you mentality.

Firstly, I was going to have my fav' Mushroom Risotto soup at Pret for lunch which is a perfectly reasonable meal. However, I noticed that they had decided to put up the Tomato Soup which is lower in fat and I automatically subsituted it. And secondly, they always give you a tab of butter in the bread pack which I try not to use but often end up spreading on the last bit. But today, I just threw it in the bin so I wouldn't be tempted.

So, even though I am not losing weight at present, I know I will get there. It's just a matter of time. But the mental changes that can occur over four weeks is impressive in itself. Just thought I would share in case there are any other people out there feeling frustrated today.

Replies

• kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    i am frustrated too... i lost the first 20 so quickly... but now... well... i am stuck... i am still working out, eating well, etc... but when you are frustrated, it is easy to let things slip which i think i did for a little bit.

on tuesday, i met my husband for lunch and we ended up at the cheesecake factory. i am vegan so my choices are limited anyway... then to try to find a low cal meal at that restaurant?! HAHA!! well, i found the chopped vegetable salad (no cheese, no chicken) for only 280 calories! and when the waitress brought the bread & butter - we said 'no thank you!' because i have met me... i would have eaten the whole basket! haha!

so yes, mental changes, even if the scale is stuck, make a big difference!
    keep it up... i know i will and i know someday i will get past this annoying 149 mark... i am only 5'3" so come on, scale!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyyoung
    mrsyyoung Posts: 16
    Options
    Kepp pressing on...there is light at the nd of the tunnel, if you can just keep going. One step at a time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!