anyone suffer from an eating disorder in the past?

Options
I recovered from an eating disorder a couple years ago but lately I've been having the same thoughts that originally let me to go down hill before. I've lost weight in a healthy way so far and I don't want to mess up and give in to unhealthy urges. If there's anyone willing to offer support I would very much appreciate it. I just need to vent and get out all of these feelings before I mess up my progress.

Replies

• allycado
    allycado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I'm in the same position. I've been doing well but I'm always nervous!

Something that helps me is having the understanding that my ED wasn't the way to get what I wanted. I was miserable, unhealthy, and I hated my body. With MyFitnessPal I'm reaching my goals in a way that is sustainable: I'm happy, I love the **** out of myself, and infinitely more relaxed.

Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • shell625
    shell625 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I am struggling because ever since I recovered from anorexia (been 4 years at healthy weight) I have struggled to lose weight and restrict calories (at a healthy level). I always end up over eating on the weekends especially. I am at a healthy weight but high end of bmi scale and want to lose some weight. Anyone else who can relate feel free to add me!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I've had EDNOS for 17 years, and did very well eating right this past year. This past week, however, is another story.
  • Debbstoofat
    Options
    I struggle with an ED I've had for over 30 years, I hope someone will add me, it is my worst secret and biggest shame. Right now trying to make a fresh start (again). Thx :-)
  • ravenladham
    Options
    when I was in grade 8&9 I had an eating disorder but have been doing good this past years I'm now in grade 12 and am trying to lose weight again (but in a healthy way this time) I'd be happy to give support or anything if you need it!
  • hilbertgirl
    Options
    Add me if you need support from someone who has been there/is there. I'm trying to lose weight for the first time after recovery too-pretty nervous about falling back into it
  • hilbertgirl
    Options
    Add me if you need support from someone who has been there/is there. I'm trying to lose weight for the first time after recovery too-pretty nervous about falling back into it

• hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday in fact I had my first slip up of the year. I was doing great but now I'm having bad thoughts again. I think today was even worse than yesterday because all the guilt I feel. You can message me whenever. Would be nice to talk to someone who knows what it's like.
  • BlackRoseSin
    BlackRoseSin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't eat enough as a whole. It's my pitfall and I don't know how to stop this.

I really need help...