A Noob who would like Adopting - Mentor Required :D

Options
Good Morning,

Teri Here.... I have messaged a few potential mentors on The Adopt a Noob thread without success so I thought I would try this.

I am 27 from the UK with 100lbs + to lose. I have tried many diets including Cambridge, Weightwatchers, Slimming World, Juice Plus without success so I thought I would give MFP a go.

For me it is not just about losing weight in the short term it's about lifestyle and fitness change in the long term.

My fitness levels are not great, in fact they are shocking but I really am willing to make a change.

I work full time for my local water company doing shift work and I live with my partner who is also willing to make a change as he is training for a charity boxing match.

Please Please Please Help Me !!

Teri

xXx

Replies

• desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :smile:

I guess you've found the right place. This here is not only about dieting but about fitness, health, lifestyle and to change habits for longterm aims.

It's great because all kind of people gather here - but with the same goal. :smile: I am sure you'll get the support you need here. There are a lot of nutrition and fitness "cracks" (in a real good way) who have lots of advice. And there are random people who give there support when you feel being stucked or down to help you getting back on track :smile:

Good luck!! :smile:

And even I am NO pro at all, feel free to ask or message me :)
  • tericx
    tericx Posts: 16
    Options
    desika8787 wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP :smile:

I guess you've found the right place. This here is not only about dieting but about fitness, health, lifestyle and to change habits for longterm aims.

It's great because all kind of people gather here - but with the same goal. :smile: I am sure you'll get the support you need here. There are a lot of nutrition and fitness "cracks" (in a real good way) who have lots of advice. And there are random people who give there support when you feel being stucked or down to help you getting back on track :smile:

Good luck!! :smile:

And even I am NO pro at all, feel free to ask or message me :)

Thank You so much - Feel free to add me :smiley:

• bigres20
    bigres20 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Teri, welcome to MFP, I've been using this app now for 2 years and finally decided to check out the community boards. So I'm a bit new myself.

Agreed, even though our short term goals are about a body that "looks good" to us, the true goal is long term health. That is my focus as well. I would be more than glad to talk with you more on your goal to weight loss, it all starts with nutrition! Even if you can't do much in working out to start, how you eat and what you eat will help you improve the fitness side. I've been working with folks online over 2 years and have been working my personal fitness journey since 2009. Busy lifestyle and no more time for destructive health habits.

Glad to connect via friending or messaging, however you prefer. :)

Have a good one!

Bigres