Loose skin 100lbs loss and stretch marks

Options
Hi all, ive just come over from calorie count. I lost 20lbs with them and have another 60-70lbs to go. I was just wondering if any of you have lost 60-100lbs and if you had loose skin as a result.

Im 22 f and started at 5'4'...215 lbs. my goal is to get to 135-125lbs in the next year or 2.

I'm extreamly scared about sagging skin as my mother keeps telling me i will have to start prepairing now and i should be trying to prevent it as i lose the weight. I currently have stretch marks on my stomach up to my belly button. I've only had them for 6months and they were my wake up call to realizing just how fat i had gotten. Ive been over weight for about a year and a bit now also which is why i think its a great idea to lose the weight slowly. I am going to the gym and im also using bio oil for the marks.

Has anyone been in my situation and how did your skin look after?

If you have any advice or tips on how to avoid or help prevent loose sagging skin or your own before and after pics please feel free to post :)

Looking forward to fitness with you all oxo grace

Replies

• Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Maybe this isnt as much of a comon problem as i thought it was :/
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Exercise as you go and keep hydrated - both by drinking water and moisturising the skin. As you're so young its unlikely to be a huge problem for you as your skin is still very elastic (your mum is probably remembering post-pregnancy belly which can be a bit wobbly, especially with a c-section).

Big loose skin problems generally come with rapid weightlss post-surgery. If you keep it steady you'll be fine.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am a pound away from 60 pounds lost and I have a bit of extra skin sag. But for me it seems the sag is consistent, like the amount of fat lost is riding in some sort of delayed tandem with the firming of the skin. It is just enough to keep some sagging, but it doesn't seem to be getting worse.
  • Grace215lbs
    Options
    Thanks maz! Ive just seen so many rapid loss before and after pics and my mother has told me i should start saving up for surgury... Which i was so upset about. Im only 22 and undergoing that is too silly but i'd like to have some of my life feeling and looking good. I'm a good 10 yrs from having a baby but i realky dont want to bare those marks when i dont feel ive earnt them through strength of bringing a life into the world... Insted i feel shame for having gained so much weight.

But thank you for you reply. Youve given me great tips as well as some confidence :)
  • Grace215lbs
    Options
    Thanks Jim! Ive only lost 22lbs but my stomach only sticks out 1.5 inches. It doesnt seem to be sagging or hanging down much but i was just worried the stretch marks would mean the skins so badly damaged the elastin in the skin would never recover and i may never get toned up again :( as shallow as that sounds. Either way i'm doing this for health first so, so long as im healthy ivshould at least be happy with that :/
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 180+ pounds and do have loose skin but not to the extent you would expect. Just do what you can to minimise it...strength train, hydrate, loose the weight at a safe pace, and eat well :)
  • Grace215lbs
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice Kazz and congrats!!!!!!!! 180lbs is such an amazing achive. :D
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice Kazz and congrats!!!!!!!! 180lbs is such an amazing achive. :D

Thank you :)
  • matttt2323
    Options
    I'm down about 70lbs and I have loose skin around my belly and chest. I will need cosmetic surgery to correct it. You're a bit younger, so it's possible that you may not get any lose skin if you don't drop the weight really fast.