Am I going crazy or what??

Options
askwera
askwera Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So I am on my 3rd week of exercise and diet. Doing Turbo Jam (cardio) 5 days a week and just starting to also include sculpting this week with it. I have cut out all junk, added in fruits, veggies and more proteins.

I eat a small snack (almonds and dried fruit) prior to working out then just started drinking a protein shake after. then eat a healthy meal.

i FEEL better (in my arms and stuff) and last week scale showed 4 lbs lost. but now it is back up to what i started at. I don't understand

Does it just take longer for your body to get used to this and start dropping the weight? I am getting depressed and want to give up. Here is roughly what i try to eat each day (again keep in mind the before and after workout snack):

Breakfast - yogurt and hard boiled egg
Snack - fruits
Lunch - salad with protein or a piece of protein. Sometimes a "Smart One"
Snack - more fruit or veggies, sometimes a piece of cheese also
DInner - protein and veggies (like chicken, salmon etc...)

Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    What you eat doesn't matter as much as how much you eat. How many calories are you eating? Are you weighing your food or estimating portions? For what it's worth, weight loss isn't linear, so you might have just gained some water weight this week.
  • askwera
    Options
    Thanks. I am eating less than normal. i even cut out my diet drinks and drinking water.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    askwera wrote: »
    Thanks. I am eating less than normal. i even cut out my diet drinks and drinking water.

You cut out drinking water?
  • askwera
    Options
    No I cut out my "diet Drinks"and am now drinking more water.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    What you eat doesn't matter as much as how much you eat. How many calories are you eating? Are you weighing your food or estimating portions? For what it's worth, weight loss isn't linear, so you might have just gained some water weight this week.

this. I'm 2lbs heavier this week, either due to my 2700 calorie Sunday or due to starting my period this week.... I've never consistently tracked my weight daily to know how it fluctuates during my period so we shall see!
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

You cut out drinking water?

If you did this, yes!!!!!! in answer to your original question.....
    Seek help.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You could be retaining water masking loss. Just keep doing what you're doing and aim to hit your calorie goal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's likely water weight from the exercise, hormones, something you ate, whatever. Since you've recently added resistance training that is the likely culprit. Just give your body time to adjust.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Have you consumed excess sodium, or are you ovulating or coming up to your period?
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

And so much of this... how many cals are you consuming? Baffling to not know given the site in which you post.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

This. You need to measure, count and log if you are not already. "Less than normal" can still be too much. And if you aren't eating the exact same things each day....how do you really know?

Look at weight loss over a few months of time. Not day by day or week by week. Over time is where real progress is shown.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Measuring your waist or thighs might help. Do you have DOMS (sore muscles)? My weight doesn't change or goes up a bit when I do. Then it suddenly drops several days later.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    So I am on my 3rd week of exercise and diet. Doing Turbo Jam (cardio) 5 days a week and just starting to also include sculpting this week with it. I have cut out all junk, added in fruits, veggies and more proteins.

I eat a small snack (almonds and dried fruit) prior to working out then just started drinking a protein shake after. then eat a healthy meal.

i FEEL better (in my arms and stuff) and last week scale showed 4 lbs lost. but now it is back up to what i started at. I don't understand

Does it just take longer for your body to get used to this and start dropping the weight? I am getting depressed and want to give up. Here is roughly what i try to eat each day (again keep in mind the before and after workout snack):

Breakfast - yogurt and hard boiled egg
    Snack - fruits
    Lunch - salad with protein or a piece of protein. Sometimes a "Smart One"
    Snack - more fruit or veggies, sometimes a piece of cheese also
    DInner - protein and veggies (like chicken, salmon etc...)

Any advice appreciated!

Based on that menu, I would say you are at about 1600 calories, but you could be at 2000 or more. For some women, that is about maintenance or even higher than maintenance. Track your calories more closely and reduce them to a level where you lose weight.